Hunter 28.5 Side Windows/Front Hatch

Sep 12, 2010
Hunter 28.5 Cornelius, NC
Does anyone know where to order replacement fixed side windows and front hatch gaskets for a 1985 Hunter 28.5?

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Unfortunately, the fixed side ports are not available .. I think that the 28.5 has the same nasty plastic frames as the 31 and the 34's do.. Many folks have glued a large piece of smoked acrylic onto the space where the frame was.. Plexiglas/acrylic can usually be bought locally or it can be sourced from the 'net.. Here is a great example of what Allan did on his 34.. http://hunter.sailboatowners.com/mods.php?task=article&mid=31&aid=8052&mn=34
The hatch gasket is available in the site store, I think.. get the hatch make/model and talk to Phil Herring to find what ya need..

Sep 12, 2010
Hunter 28.5 Cornelius, NC
Unfortunately, the fixed side ports are not available .. I think that the 28.5 has the same nasty plastic frames as the 31 and the 34's do.. Many folks have glued a large piece of smoked acrylic onto the space where the frame was.. Plexiglas/acrylic can usually be bought locally or it can be sourced from the 'net.. Here is a great example of what Allan did on his 34.. http://hunter.sailboatowners.com/mods.php?task=article&mid=31&aid=8052&mn=34
The hatch gasket is available in the site store, I think.. get the hatch make/model and talk to Phil Herring to find what ya need

Thank you Claude.

Sep 3, 2012
Hunter 285 Grand Rivers Ky
Sure, I just installed my new side windows (ports) this last summer in my Hunter 28.5 "Amazing Grace". Bought the kit, and it came with almost everything I needed. The items it did not have in the kit were things I easily picked up from Lowe's or Home Depot.

There were clear instructions and links to a video showing how to install them.

Now they don't leak and are so clear it looks better than an open hole.

Bought them at Cruising Concepts and Mike gave easy telephone support when I questioned the instructions. +1 (800) 899-3996