Hunter 28.5 ... my boat... my future home... my project

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I think once anyone on my boat sees the amount of GOLD and JEWELS I put into my head... they'll agree about the value! ;)
LOL...

I'll get that all sorted out as I move along.
I have no doubt about it. Looking forward to the chance to see you sail into a shared harbor. Fore sure share a brew...

Forgot the picture of the new head install!
Looks almost too good to use... Is that a place where the golden goose laid eggs? I've read stories... to my grandson... :biggrin:

wsmac

Feb 16, 2017
Hunter 28.5 Humboldt
I LOVE INSTANT GRATIFICATION!
Well... not quite instant...
Actually it took around 2 hours...
BUT IT WAS SO GRATIFYING! :D
Got some nasty dirty stuff cleaned out today!
Time to get the bilge pump and switch wired back in place... CORRECTLY this time!... and work on the sole.
I may also need advice on how to get the smell of Simple Green out of my nose! hahaha
The green watery stuff is just Simple Green and Water.... these areas have been nice and dry this last month or so that I've owned the boat.
DSC_4266.JPG DSC_4267.JPG DSC_4268.JPG DSC_4264.JPG

wsmac

Feb 16, 2017
Hunter 28.5 Humboldt
Now that looks real perty...
Sure did... err... does... except for that little leak I have now.... not sure what to make of it.
On the ledge surrounding the bilge is a tiny hole... a weepy hole... takes about 15 minutes for the dirty looking water to eak itself out in the amount you see in the pic here.
I'll be finally diving on my boat Thursday (was waiting on some gear to come in), so I'll clean the hull and give the keel area a real good looking at!
I did let some of the water and cleaning stuff sit in the bilge... forgetting about the open screw holes for the flapper switch.
Kinda hoping somehow water entered there and is now rising out through the weep hole above... yeah... sure! ;)

Apex

Jun 19, 2013
C&C 30 Elk Rapids
your leak sounds like water draining back from cleaning activities? There are countless threads on this, usually the subject of boat odors and peggy hall's wisdom

wsmac

Feb 16, 2017
Hunter 28.5 Humboldt
Okay so I finally got them sized, sorted, synch'd, and served...
My bilge is rather small unlike my images so as John says... size matters... ;) lol
the first step up from the bilge is where you see the weep hole in the corner.
Next up from that ledge are places where the coating has cracked in places where my water/simple green may have entered a little... but the 4 cups or so that sat in the bilge only had access through the coating via the 2 screw holes where the flap switch goes.
I have not had this leak in the last couple of months I've owned the boat so I'm supposing this might be from the cleaning... but maybe it was plugged and I unknowingly removed that plug when I cleaned?
Haven't tasted the leaky fluid yet to see if it tastes like the bay water or not ;) ... or the Simple Green...
Another note... the 3 y.o. survey mentions the boat slightly listing to starboard, and it does but I have not measured how much in degrees.
So my brain apparently needed something to glom on to and now I'm wondering if I have a crack in the hull around the keel, which allows water intrusion, which is soaking the hull on the starboard side, creating the listing, leaking out that little hole... making my boat wet, soaked, bottom heavy, feeling bloated and unloved, unattractive.... (is there such a thing as a boat psychologist for this?)
My full face mask will arrive today and I'll get my diving hookah setup put together tonight and dive on the boat tomorrow... finally!
I'll have my GoPro w/light down there with me... clean the hull... inspect the bottom and all, so that might tell me more about the integrity of my hull below the waterline.
DSC_4265.JPG
bilge weep hole leak.JPG

wsmac

Feb 16, 2017
Hunter 28.5 Humboldt
OH... and that 10" river of ooze.... that took around 15 minutes to form... I'M TAKING ON WATER! AHHHHHHHH! ABANDON SHIP!... wait... I'm not on the boat... so.... I'm SAFE! :D
I'll be back onboard later today and we'll see what it looks like.
I placed paper towels 'downstream' from the hole to help contain the spill.... as it were...