Hunter 26 Rams Head

Aug 5, 2005
- - Laurel, Ms
MY hunter 26 is missing the rams head (for reefing) on the gooseneck.

It is a Z spar mast and boom. The way the Zspar mast is made you cant take the gooseneck off without drilling out the rivets etc...

Anyone know if its possible to re-install a rams horn in the hole without removing the gooseneck

Anyone know of a source for the rams head hook ??

note picture attached is not my boat but shows the rams head hook installation...
and yes the rams head is upside down in this picture, its just the only pic I could find.

Attachments

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 23.5 Calgary, Canada
I ordered that exact part for my 1995 H23.5 in February, 2003 (when the price was $6.91!). I was able to install it without removing the gooseneck.

Aug 5, 2005
- - Laurel, Ms
These people are ridiculous they want as much for the shipping as they do the part.
part = 26.53 (too high for what it is but....)
shipping = 23.85

come on This thing will fit in the palm of my hand and weighs nothing.....
I could ship this all day long for 7-12 dollars UPS..... cheaper if I sent it postal.....

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 23.5 Calgary, Canada
By "upside down", do you mean because it's hanging below the boom? One needs to hold it in the upward position when attaching the boom at the gooseneck rather than let it hang down below the boom as in the picture. So, it's not really "installed" upside down. However, there is an issue of which way the horns point when in the upward position, either slightly forward or slightly aft. I'm not near my boat but I think I installed mine pointing aft. I think the one in the photo will be pointing aft when you remove the boom and swing it upward where it belongs.