Hunter 25 differences in the same year

pk66

Jun 26, 2017
Hunter Hunter 25 Albany NY
Hi,

I just purchased 2 1974 Hunter 25 sailboats to make 1 nice boat. In working on them I am finding most of the deck fittings and the masts to be entirely different. One mast has a wide sail track to use plastic slider cars while the other has a conventional bolt rope track. Does anyone know if
Hunters were built in different factories or did they just use what they had on hand? Seems very
odd that the boats are different being the same year,

PK

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
At the time they used what became available at the best price that would closely meet the design specs. Also check the hull numbers for the months of fabrication. A large gap of 6 months or more could account for different parts.

Mar 13, 2011
Islander Freeport 41 Longmont
also, its possible that being of that vintage, one of the rigs may have been replaced or heavily modified

pk66

Jun 26, 2017
Hunter Hunter 25 Albany NY
I had thought about the possibility of modifications but nothing looks like it has been changed and no extra holes have been drilled. Today I found that one boat has 2 back stays and the other only one in the center. Again looks original. Finished re bedding the windows and deck fittings. Next it will be time to raise the mast.

PK