Hunter 21-6

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
The low boom and aft position of the mainsheet would make any bimini low and short. Perhaps a short 'skippers bimini' would fit, but not much more. And it would still be low.

Jul 10, 2019
MacGregor 26 Kerr Lake
I want a trailerable boat but my wife and I also need shade from the sun ..... don't want to encourage skin cancer

Sep 22, 2018
Hunter 216 Kingston
I want a trailerable boat but my wife and I also need shade from the sun ..... don't want to encourage skin cancer
If in fact you are referring to the Hunter 216 daysailor I don’t think it fits your criteria. By design it is trailerable but also has a big open cockpit and small cuddy so not really any place to shield from the sun at least while sailing. If you are anchored taking a break etc you can drape something over the boom for some shade but I don’t think that’s what you are seeking. @JRT suggestion of using an umbrella could work but typically sailboats with shade are usually larger designs. I think your profile indicates you have a Mac26 - doesn’t that sort of meet your criteria?

Sep 25, 2018
Catalina Capri 22 Capri EXPO 14.2 1282 Stony Point
I use a Gust Buster umbrella lashed to the port aft stanchion to provide shade for my dog. Me? I just bake with sunscreen.