Hunter 1983 34 old hand waste pump handle

Sep 9, 2018
1983 hunter ny
Hello hunter owners long time i was just a reader and shopper from sailboat owners
Really old 6'x6' base handheld holding pump handle is broken order check seaflo and many brands there is no more 2' hose inlet and all model is smaller both handle and base.
Don't want to change entire pump just need a handle anyone knows where to find.
Old one brand is Rule adding images.
20180909_144553.jpg

Attachments

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
I see you've just joined the crew of the SS SailboatOwners today..welcome aboard!

Rule is still in business (now owned by Xylem who also owns Jabsco), but they only make electric pumps now. Bosworth might have a handle that'll fit, but I'd replace the pump. Everything has a lifespan, and if it's so old that hard plastic parts have become brittle enough to break, the rubber parts in it--gaskets, o-rings, diaphragm etc--have to be just about ready to turn into powder if they haven't already, and no rebuild kits that would fit it are still available.
Standard size for all holding tank discharge and inlet fittings has always been 1.5" Hose sizes always use the INNER diameter to match the outer diameter of fittings. So I wonder if your 2" measurement is the outer diameter of the hose, which can vary quite a bit due to differing hose wall thickness.

Btw...if your toilet and hoses are anywhere near as old as the pump, it's way past time to replace those too. After about 10 years hoses have dried out so much that they become hard, brittle and prone to cracking and splitting, which is the last thing you want to happen to a hose connected to a below-waterline thru-hull, or a sanitation hose either.
--Peggie

Sep 9, 2018
1983 hunter ny
Thanks for fast and really good explanations and there is no 2" soft hose versions the never pumps are maxed 1-1/2 hose and smaller when order Seaflo online was half size the older one.
Diaphgram and pump look good hoses are new want to change all pump and keep hoses.
https://www.thebosworthco.com/buy/inquirythank.php
tried to ask 2" hoses version for marine sump model I guess it is special order and cost $116 or I have to use some converter for hose and use amazon cheap brands.
Thanks again

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
My 34 came with a Whale Urchin pump like this.. I've been happy with it.. had to install a new diaphragm and valves but it is fine..
http://www.whalepumps.com/marine/pr...009&Product_ID=10012&FriendlyID=Gusher-Urchin
The crack in yours could be fixed pretty quickly using flat stock cut to fit the flats where the crack is.. make one plate for each side then thru bolt it in 4-5 places.. looks like the pivots are fine.
Another supplier
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Whale-Ma...20749&wl11=online&wl12=33272464&wl13=&veh=sem

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2018
1983 hunter ny
Wavv thanks great ideas and helpful entries THANKS
I m about make alot of improvements at boat and this topic make me really happy someone is there to help awesome :)
Old rule is 7x7" base and hose is 2" in and out most of the newers are max hose 1-1/2" and handle are identical but smaller (parts maker goes cheaper and cheaper nowadays this mean ).
Thanks Peggie really unique knowledge that rule is sold to xylem and to bosworth i emailed bosworth will add answer at end they return with a new pump offer bot i really try to keep old one because no drill extra work and saving money plus it is really good stronger and new diaphgram.
will ad two side metal and screw to plastic i ll put image here when finished.
At mooring, New York state pump is free at too many marinas for now no need pump urgently.

anyone convert to electric one ?

this is bosworth answer :

We do not carry the base shape (as we call the "body") of this rue pump. The inlet/outlet connectors are not square, but rather a circle shape. This is the closest match we have (link below). You may order a replacment handle if you wish, and if it does not fit you can return it for a refund. Thank you, and best of luck.

http://www.thebosworthco.com/products/productp.php?baseid=GH-0400N-3