Hunter 18.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 19, 2008
Catalina C-22 MK-II Parrish, FL
Interested in a used Hunter 18.5. The keel is rusty, so it will need to be san-blasted. Any other infomation? positive or negative with these boats?

Don

Nov 19, 2008
Catalina C-22 MK-II Parrish, FL
I think it's a 1991, rigging looks OK, probably original. Sails fair, still negotiating price. Wondered if anyone has sailed one. With 520 LB's of ballast, should be stable. Interesting rig with full battens and no back-stay.

May 11, 2004
RAPTOR Hotfoot 20 Ghost Lake
Interested in a used Hunter 18.5. The keel is rusty, so it will need to be san-blasted. Any other infomation? positive or negative with these boats?

Don
I think it's a great boat. I sail mine on a lake. It thinks it's on a ocean.

bzano

Jun 3, 2004
Hunter 18.5 Lake Hopatcong, NJ
The Hunter 18.5 is a good little boat that does not seem to get a lot of attention nor respect on this and many other websites. I owned the bigger version, the Hunter H23 for several years that is a fine sailboat. The little sister ship, the 18.5 is sort of a 3/4 scale model of the H23.
Although it lacks the size and ammenities of the larger boat, the 18.5 is much easier to handle as far as launching and steping/upstepping the mast. The 23 was chore and a half to say the least. I do miss the 23 but I do not miss the work involved and labor. Bottomline, if you like portability and being able to trailer to other destinations the 18.5 might fit the billl.

Good luck

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.