Hull number?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Craig

Where do I find the hull number on my 87 34 hunter? Is it part of the serial number? And dont say it is under the keel.I already checked and it's not there.

Dec 2, 1999
Hunter Vision-36 Rio Vista, CA.
Try the top of the mast!

Craig: Try on the stern on the starboard side of the deck assembly (were the deck & hull are joined). That is were it is on the H'31.

A

Allan Hadad

Mine is in two places

The hull number/serial number (same thing I believe) on my H34 is molded in the transom up near the deck on the starboard side.The number is a composite of the size, maufacturer, consecutive hull number and manufacture date. It is also painted on the inside of the hull on the transom. You have to climb inside the locker where the batteries and fuel tank are located to see it. It is not underneath the mast. I looked there already. Allan

J

Jim Oursler

Hull number location

I own a 34. Starboard stern side.. last few digits.. since you said 87, will be 3XX or 4xx. I seem to recall that there may also be a final letter after the serial number. Jim

Aug 11, 2006
Hunter H260 Traverse City
Probably 1xxx

I am told that Hunter built around 1500 34's. Our 84 is hull 396 and since 87 was the last year of the production run, the 3 didget number is probably the last 3 of a 4 didget number. I represent this as best hearsay, not fact. Good Luck George

C

Craig

This is my id number

My id number is hun35068j987. So, what is my hull number? Thanks

A

Allan Hadad

And the number is....

Well, it looks like you have a Hunter 35 (I thought you said it was a 34) that was built in Sept. 1987 with a hull number 068. That doesn't make sense as I have a 1985 H34 and it is hull number 798. My number is HUN340798_585. Maybe they reset the numbers and the j is a designator for that. You might want to call Hunter and see if they can give you data from their production records. Allan

C

Craig

I will double check the number

We will be going back to the marina next week and I will get on the ladder and verify the number then i will call hunter and ask about the hull number. Went down today but left soon as it was 96 degrees and that was hot on the docks. Hardly a soul around.We are in a marina on the missippii river 75 miles so of mpls. We are the largest marina on the river with about 500 boats prob half being sailboats. Biggest is a 42 irwin then a 41 hunter then a brand new 39 hallberg rassey. Just alittle information on sailing in the middle of the usa.

C

Craig

Hunter changed numbering system

I checked on the serial number on the stern yesterday and it starts with h35 so somewhere along the line hunter changed their serial id on the 83-87 34 hunters from h34 to h35. We have an 87(like an 83-86) We left for home. It was 95 in the boat at 7:30 last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.