How to replace port rear cleat on '88 26D?

Oct 5, 2013
Macgregor 26D Lake Mead
I've replaced two of the three black nylon cleats on by boat, but can't figure out how to get the third replaced.

I don't have a picture, but it seems just about impossible to crawl in through the laz and somehow get up to the underside side of the bolts.

Is there a trick to this that I just haven't thought of?

Jun 4, 2015
Macgregor 26D Lake Country, BC
I used a dremel to cut a 3 or 4 x 6 inch hole thru the inner liner to get access to put backing plates under my weak C988FB62-862F-4FE1-819C-13002F255EE6.jpeg stanchions......awkward, kinda like milking a mouse with boxing gloves on......
The plan is to install some flush or recessed led lights on a thin piece of varnished ply over the holes giving me lighting as well as access panels.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
RO, you might consider the LEDs that can be red OR white with a flip of the toggle switch.

Jun 1, 2015
Macgregor 26d Trailer Estates, Fl
I put two of these on each side of the cockpit (better pics under my name in the what have you done thread). I could reach the original aft cleats through them I think.

I was concerned about them being uncomfortable but you don’t notice them even when I don’t get out the backrest.

Attachments

Sumner

Jan 31, 2009
Macgregor & Endeavour 26S and 37 Utah's Canyon Country

AndyVS

Sep 4, 2015
Corsair 31 UC 179 Port Sanilac
I disconnected the drain hoses and squeezed myself in there. I laid on my back and had someone outside help. I'm 6'3", getting in wasn't that hard. Getting back out was a bit harder. I replaced the plastic cleat, added a second cleat and backed them both with aluminum.