How Old Test

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
White Castle hamburgers?
They've got them frozen at the supermarket. My Dr. says I'm not even allowed to look at them. "Gut Bombs," or "Rectum Rockets," and an order of "Scabs" were a regular late nite finish when I was in school.
Last I looked they still operate a chain of "Restaurants."

Jun 8, 2004
Catalina 320 Dana Point
Helm's Bread Truck, fresh glazed donuts delivered curbside, gotta think even today's children would buy into that.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
There use to be an A&W drive-in restaurant and a Stake-n-Shake that both had window service and the Steak-n-Shake actually had servers in roller skates. They were as fun to go to as Bigboy's

Now, I go to the drive-thru window at Steak-n-Shake whenever I am in Florida for the malts.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Sailm8

Feb 21, 2008
Hunter 29.5 Punta Gorda
Pete's Cafe Pete's Cafe Pete's Cafe Pete's CafePete's Cafe Pete's CafePete's CafePete's CafePete's CafePete's Cafe

Sep 23, 2009
O'Day 34-At Last Rock Hall, Md
Mom would say, "Go outside and I don't want to see you until the street lights come on." Now it's " Where are you? I don't see you." A :sosad: commentary on what we've become.
Yes it is a commentary, sad.
My mom had a different version, "Why don't you kids go outside and get the stink blown off you!". Must be a Jersey thing. Can still hear her voice.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
"Why don't you kids go outside and get the stink blown off you!". Must be a Jersey thing.
Isn't that: "...blown ORF ya?" :) From NYC, that's what I got. :) All the great places we used to play are now apartment buildings!

Sep 23, 2009
O'Day 34-At Last Rock Hall, Md
Stu, in SOUTH Jersey it's "off".
We're closer to Phila than NY.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2017
Beneteau First 38 Lyall Harbour Saturna Island
Had dinner tonight at "Molly's Reach" the restaurant made famous by the 17 year T.V. run of the Beachcombers. Great fish and chips but I had to take a picture of their "new" phone.IMG_0432.jpeg

Oct 1, 2007
Boston Whaler Super Sport Pt. Judith
YEAH! In the 1950s, my brother and I set pins in Bethany Beach for the summer. Six cents per game, per bowler.
Ha! So did I. In our club there was a small bench above the alley at the pin end. We would set the pins, then jump up on the bench and keep or feet above the pins....

Oct 1, 2007
Boston Whaler Super Sport Pt. Judith
They've got them frozen at the supermarket. My Dr. says I'm not even allowed to look at them. "Gut Bombs," or "Rectum Rockets," and an order of "Scabs" were a regular late nite finish when I was in school.
Last I looked they still operate a chain of "Restaurants."
I'd mention New York Systems "wienies" but they are still around. Poison now though at my age......:(