how is the catalina overall??

Kierjo

Dec 22, 2014
Hunter 36 Na
hello,
just doing some boat searching to purchase a boat as a liveabord in the florida keys area and was interested in the hunter vision 32 or a Catalina 34' foot does anyone have any information on the boat over all for what I want to do such as coastal sailing and living on and also how do they sail and hold up just some general info if anyone has this type of boat.

Thanks for any help

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Two completely different "animals."

In addition to your search criteria, you might also want to consider "Owners Associations" websites and support groups. Helps avoiding reinventing the wheel.

I don't know about the Hunter Vision group, but our Catalina 34 website is, IMHO, one of the best around.

Noodle around on www.c34ia.org and see.

We've had our guys sail from Chicago to the Bahamas and back, Vancouver BC to Mexico (trucked back) and San Diego to MX sailed back.

We like them very much. :)

Happy hunting, good luck.

Kierjo

Dec 22, 2014
Hunter 36 Na
Thank for the time saving answer appreciate it!!! Will help narrow it down and im newish to this site and finding out how to locate and find older threads again thanks!!!

Nov 18, 2010
Catalina 310 Hingham, MA
But if you're looking for livability check out the Catalina 310. The C34's may have Stu and his excellent site but we have a queen island berth and we can steal ideas from the C34 website. ?

Jan 22, 2008
Catalina 310 #147 Oakville Yacht Squadron
But if you're looking for livability check out the Catalina 310. The C34's may have Stu and his excellent site but we have a queen island berth and we can steal ideas from the C34 website. ?
Second the C310 suggestion, certainly over a hunter 32, or any hunter

KZW

May 17, 2014
Catalina 310 #307 Bluewater Bay, FL
If you consider the Catalina, Beneteau, and Hunter as the Chevy, Ford, and Dodge of production sailboats, then the Catalina 310 is a Cadillac.

And no, I'm not biased at all...

Jan 22, 2008
Catalina 310 #147 Oakville Yacht Squadron
If you consider the Catalina, Beneteau, and Hunter as the Chevy, Ford, and Dodge of production sailboats, then the Catalina 310 is a Cadillac. And no, I'm not biased at all...
Well maybe an Edge...

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
Close. I wouldn't trade my f350 for no Silverado-dado ignition switch failure ever again.
No bias whatsoever.
Your experience may differ.

Jun 9, 2004
Catalina 385 Marquette. Mi
One only has to visit the Catalina facility and meet the owners to know. Nuff said.

Claygr

Feb 10, 2014
Catalina 387 Milwaukee, WI
Practical Sailor recently posted a review of the Catalina 34. That might be something worth reviewing in addition to the C34 owner's association website, which has all of the information one could ever need to evaluate the boat. I owned a Catalina 34 for seven years and loved it.

Oct 3, 2011
Anam Cara Catalina 310 Hull #155 155 Lake Erie/Catawba Island
We have owned a Catalina 22, 25 and now 310, I would not be honest if I did not say the Catalina is best on Many levels including brand loyalty, owners groups , parts availability, Manufacturers support and again, if you get a chance tour the factory. They are there for the owners! Not that We are Biased either...;)