How do i fix this oil canning on trailer (pics)

pateco

Aug 12, 2014
Hunter 31 (1983) Pompano Beach FL
It doesn't look that bad to me. What about just adding an additional 2X6 board under the keel to raise it up just a smidge?

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
No different than a tire. A 10" tire has no more tread on the road than a 20" tire. A pad has more contact area than a roller, particularly when the pad is allowed to rotate so that it matches the profile of the hull. I know the pads on my trailer cause square marks in the bottom paint, roughly the size of the pad, demonstrating that almost the full surface of the pad is making contact.
(Which makes a good case for rollers - ha ha - then there's less wear on the bottom paint) (I'll shut up now)

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
@Meriachee
I use to allow the paint to dry first of course and then put new clear piece of plastic on top of pads or bunk boards so the carpet filaments did not embed into the new paint
Which took a long time to cure. Worked well for me

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Peter
Small sailboat hulls are not as thick like the larger boats and to support the boat, you have to have more contact on the hull to stabilize and keep it upright regardless type of keel and ballast. The original post was the hull depressing inward resting on a few rollers which is not enough contact on the hull plus location of the few rollers. As a dealer I saw much of this over the years and even designed trailers as a dealer