Registered users don't see ads

How difficult to load M25?

Discussion in 'Ask A Macgregor Owner' started by kolkmeyer, Jan 23, 2018. Add this thread to a FAQ

1. kolkmeyer

kolkmeyer

Joined Jan 23, 2018
    3 posts, 0 likes
    MacGregor 25
    US MO Springfield
    I am considering the purchase of an M25 on a trailer. My immediate plans would be to leave it at the marina dry storage with mast up. The present owner discouraged the purchase, stating that having a keel which did not fully retract, the boat was not easily loaded onto the trailer, with a potential for centering problems and or damage. Are they that problematic?

2. jjsbiggs

jjsbiggs

Joined Jun 24, 2010
    171 posts, 6 likes
    Macgregor 25
    US Fletcher VT South Hero. VT
    I have never had any problem loading on the trailer. If you have wind on the side it may make it harder. I added boat trailer guide posts after the first two years. With the guide posts it is easy. Some people add a vee at the front to guide the boat to the bow stop. If I could find a mast up storage where I could just launch and recover whenever I wanted to go out I would do it myself. Then you don't have to worry about bottom paint and the boat is safe on the trailer when not in use.

3. RussC

RussC

Joined Sep 11, 2015
    1,020 posts, 357 likes
    Macgregor 25
    US Vagabond 17. Oregon lakes
    [Pfffttt] I load and unload my M25 by myself all the time. installing goal posts on the trailer is a big help to get lined up when loading with a side wind, but it's literally a 2 minute job either way. Does the boat come with the original Mac single axle trailer? perhaps it's some mismatched trailer that causes problems???

4. kolkmeyer

kolkmeyer

Joined Jan 23, 2018
    3 posts, 0 likes
    MacGregor 25
    US MO Springfield
    Thank you guys for the input. That's what I was hoping to hear. I'm no stranger to boat ramps, and was a little baffled by the warning. I didn't ask if it was the factory trailer, it looked like an okay fit. I wondered myself and will check into it. Thanks again.

5. RussC

RussC

Joined Sep 11, 2015
    1,020 posts, 357 likes
    Macgregor 25
    US Vagabond 17. Oregon lakes
    The original trailer is a very simple affair. notable short behind the wheels. (click pic to enlarge)
    P1030047.jpg

6. kolkmeyer

kolkmeyer

Joined Jan 23, 2018
    3 posts, 0 likes
    MacGregor 25
    US MO Springfield
    That picture helps. I believe that was it. Thanks.

Sunbrella lifesling covers
Any color, fits over existing bag to match your existing canvas.
Noflex Sewage Treatment
Treat sludge and odor problems in holding tanks.
NEW rigid hatch covers
Hatch protection like never before. Tough, secure, installs in seconds.
Flexible steel chafe pads
Innovative new product made of flexible, laser cut stainless steel. Must see!