How big is your dipstick?

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
Dave it does not mater weather is a Catalina or a Hinkley what matters is its the same yanmar transmission you have

Jun 14, 2015
hunter 38 alameda
dipstick

Dave, Mine broke in exactly the same fashion as yours. I cleaned mine really good and glued it back in place with some gorilla glue. Worked great. The threads are super fine and will strip easily if you are not careful. Try fixing your old one and use as a back up.
Your transmission dipstick that is...:)

it's the Kanzaki model KM2P-1 on the 3ym20 of course.
I tightened it too much and broke off the threaded portion. bought a new one, supposedly the correct item: 177088-02451

However, as you can see in the pic, it's about 3/4 inch longer. Now it screws in fine. Just wondering if the new one is the wrong one or the old one was wrong?

How long is yours?

Anyone know if that's the correct part number or not? (177088-02451)

thanks for any help - Dave, in Tampa.

Apr 13, 2015
Catalina 309 Port Charlotte
Ok guys and gals - I trekked out to the boat to check it out. Drained the transmission and refilled with .3 liter of oil. The level is right up to the mark on the short (OLD) dipstick. It's 3/4 inch above the mark (the only mark) on the NEW dipstick.

So i just made a second mark on the new stick to indicate full, and will use the lower, longer mark to be considered "low". The manual shows two marks on the stick, and I know that those kind of perspective drawings can't be trusted, but the distance between the two on the diagrams looks like something on the order of the 3/4 inch space.

Thanks for all comments and help....I think I'm good...David