hot water hoses replacement h-30 1989

Feb 19, 2017
hunter 30 Driftwood Key
Is there an easy way to replace the hot water hoses on a 1989 h-30? Or should I just splice from bottom of engine compartment to the engine?

Ted

Jan 26, 2005
C&C 110 Bay Shore, Long Island, NY
Is there an easy way to replace the hot water hoses on a 1989 h-30?
Write a check to your favorite boat yard mechanic. :)
Splicing will leave sections of old hoses. Not a good idea. You'll eventually have problems. Replace the entire length of hose from beginning to end.

Feb 19, 2017
hunter 30 Driftwood Key
Thanks Ted, looks like I have to take out half of the galley to reach the side of the tank where the hoses attach

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Not altogether familiar with that model, but can't ya easily take off the top of the settee (under the cushion) to get at the water heater?

Feb 19, 2017
hunter 30 Driftwood Key
You'd think so, I took out 12 screws and it moves but the top extends under the galley cabinet, I need to check further, thanks

Feb 27, 2004
Hunter 335 North East, MD
Stu Jackson had a good post on this- which I believe was in his c-34 forum. I replaced mine thiswinter - they ran from the engine under the galley to the water heater which is under the dinette seat. I married the old hose to the new hose with wire ties, used dish soap as a lubricant and pulled them through- successfully :dancing:

Dec 18, 2012
Hunter 37.5 Annapolis
I did this on a 1990 H30. I cut a new hatch in the settee plywood flat rather than try and take it out. I spliced the new hose onto the old with barbed fittings and duct tape and pulled the new one through (I'm too lazy to read the C34 post to see if they did the same). The picture shows the new hatch needed to get to the hose side of the water heater. A few years later I did end up having to take the seat flat board out to replace the water heater, and this picture is from during that work. It was an effing pain.
H30 heater 4.JPG

Feb 19, 2017
hunter 30 Driftwood Key
Thanks so much for reply and picture, looks like I need to get a good jig saw. For now i'm going to disconnect at motor and jump the inlet/outlet with a short piece of hose, thanks

Dec 18, 2012
Hunter 37.5 Annapolis
I used that job, cutting out the hatch, as a excuse to buy a Bosch palm router. I was worried that a jig saw would hit the water heater. On my boat there was not much space above the heater.