Hose Clamps

May 10, 2008
Catalina 355 Boston
I was wondering if anyone has an opinion on Scandvik non-perforated hose clamps as compared to AWAB? I typically only use AWAB but I’ve been slowly replacing my factory HCs and Defender has a 56 pack kit with nut driver on sale. Before I commit to this many I was hoping to get some feedback. They are rolled, non-perforated 316 SS so as far as I can tell the specs line up.
Thanks in advance

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
After a old style hose clamp on a sanitation hose gave up the ghost and broke, I've been changing out critical hose clamps and using the Scandvik non-perforated clamps. I like them. The big advantage, besides being 316, is that they do not cut into the hose like the perforated clamps do.

As for the kit, I'm not sure how much of a bargain it is. You may end up buying a bunch of expensive clamps that don't fit anything on the boat. The nut driver is nice, It is on a flexible shaft that makes it easier to get at the clamp in tight places.

When the storm hits Boston tomorrow (we're getting it tonight) you could do a spread sheet to see if the kit is a bargain or not. :)

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
Dave beat me to the reply, but I wanted to first look up that clamp set. Page 114 of the new Defender catalog. I Imaging West or SBO might have a simiar set, but not for $146 . You should already have had a set of spares to fit all the hoses on your boat- maybe entered their sizes into your log records.

May 10, 2008
Catalina 355 Boston
Dave beat me to the reply, but I wanted to first look up that clamp set. Page 114 of the new Defender catalog. I Imaging West or SBO might have a simiar set, but not for $146 . You should already have had a set of spares to fit all the hoses on your boat- maybe entered their sizes into your log records.
Thanks...It’s actually $134 on the web site and if I decide to go with these I will wait until the March warehouse sale as I imagine it will be even cheaper.
I have a bunch of spares, but these are more for a replacement project. I want to get rid of all the perforated clamps that came with the boat.