I was lucky in removing my fitting a few years ago; I was able to remove the nipple without breaking it or disturbing the epoxy fillet around the fitting. After inspecting & cleaning the nipple, I wrapped some Teflon tape on the threads, applied sealant and threaded it back into the stern tube. I replaced the nipple with a new OEM bronze nipple about 5 months ago. Again, the old nipple unscrewed without disturbing the epoxy fillet and I installed the new fitting using same procedure......approximately a 10 minute job including cutting & reattaching the water supply hose. Alfa, the shaft seal by Orbitrade looks promising.