Holding take sensor on Hunter 44ds (2004)

Oct 22, 2005
Hunter 44DS Redondo Beach, CA
The level sensor on my holding tank has stopped working. After investigation I discovered that the leads have parted from the foil on the side of the tank. I have the Snake River unit.
Is this a simple fix, or do I need to figure out how to remove and replace the foil on the side of the tank (not easily accessible)?

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
You will have to replace the sender, but it MAY not have to be in the same location on the tank as the original. A bit of history:
Snake River has been out of business for at least 10 years, although at least 3 different companies have operated under that name since they did.. Dennis Ferriello was the sales manager at Snake River for a couple of decades...he became unhappy with the quality of their products and left start his own company to make better ones: the Profile tank level monitors Profile Tank Monitors , which use the same technology and are interchangeable with the SR gauges. Dennis has had some health problems lately...his design engineer/plant mgr Dave Davis is taking tech support calls: 208-380-2678.

--Peggie
"If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't completely understand it yourself." --Albert Einstein