Hold My Drink!

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS

Siren

Apr 2, 2018
Catalina 22 12491 Lake Charlevoix
Yes, expanding our search to bike bottle holders, as well as stroller drink holders, opened up a lot of options. Pretty creative solutions that can be used on boats, too.

Siren

Apr 2, 2018
Catalina 22 12491 Lake Charlevoix
This has turned into such a great thread!! :wow3: I have never seen a comprehensive list of options for cup holders like this before. Hopefully, this will help other sailors in the future, too! Thank you, ALL of you, who have responded with your solutions. :clap: There are a lot of good ideas here that we didn't know about, or hadn't considered.

Clearly, this is a very important decision that best be made after many nights consuming numerous libations in the cockpit of our boat with friends. In the meantime, we will use @rpludwig 's solution of a gimbaled left or right hand. :p And after our comprehensive and thorough study, we will decide which solution works best for us.

So far, of all of the above, the leading contender, for our purposes, is @Gene Neill 's suggestion. :thumbup:

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Very few if any help with stemware. How do you act sophisticated on your yacht without real (we have plastic) wine glasses? "Pardon me, do you have any Grey Poupon?"

Apr 5, 2018
Catalina Capri 25 Jackson
Insert beer, place around neck.
Started as a river raft thing, but considering how infrequently sailboats sit flat, and how many times you tragically need both hands, it sure does come in handy.

There are little cubbys beneath the winches on my '22 that are supposed to hold the spare jib sheet line...but thats too much work to stuff them back in every tack, so the cubbys hold drinks

greg_m

May 23, 2017
Catalina Jaguar 22 Simons Town
I'm obviously a very amateur drinker given the wealth of knowledge displayed above on the topic! :laugh::laugh::laugh: