Help Needed: Identify this Seidelmann

Discussion in 'Seidelmann' started by ncfrech, Apr 29, 2019. Add this thread to a FAQ

1. ncfrech

ncfrech

Joined Apr 29, 2019
    2 posts, 1 likes
    Seidelmann S25
    Quiet Time US Cedar Creek Reservoir
    First time using this forum, I've found the communities that make up forums to be a wealth of crowd-sourced knowledge over the years.. looking for some of that now.

I need help in identifying my late grandfather's Seidelmann sail boat, Quiet Time. Posting photos below. Title is lost, but a registration inquiry tells me his boat is a 1979 Seidelmann ___ (no model name listed).. 19' in length. From researching this forum, it appears that this boat is a S25, but the name also seems the indicate the length.

Can someone confirm this is an S25? I haven't found a serial number look up application for Seidelmanns, does one exist? She has been floating in the dock for years w/o care, as you can see..

Attached Files:

2. jon hansen

jon hansen

Joined May 25, 2012
    1,934 posts, 1,605 likes
    john alden caravelle 42
    us sturgeon bay, wis
  3. jon hansen

jon hansen

Joined May 25, 2012
    1,934 posts, 1,605 likes
    john alden caravelle 42
    us sturgeon bay, wis
  4. ncfrech

ncfrech

Joined Apr 29, 2019
    2 posts, 1 likes
    Seidelmann S25
    Quiet Time US Cedar Creek Reservoir
    Got it - So likely a Seidelmann 25 from comparing the video/photos.. even though the titled length indicates 19'. Perhaps this measurement is at the waterline, not overall. Thanks Jon.

Dave Groshong likes this.
  5. Dave Groshong

Dave Groshong SBO Staff Staff Member

Joined Jan 25, 2007
    1,415 posts, 122 likes
    Catalina 22
    US Seattle
    Definitely an S25, registrations are the most inaccurate, the DMV will put down anything you say.

Attached Files:

6. Blitz

Blitz

Joined Jul 10, 2007
    537 posts, 7 likes
    Seidelmann 34
    US Atlantic Highlands, NJ
    What are you looking to do her? Sail her or sale her?

Turn any toilet into a Raritan for a fraction of the cost
The Raritan LBA matches your existing bowl with the pump/plumbing of a PHII or PHC. save!
Winch covers
Any brand, every size, any color!
Stainless documentation placard
Who said a documentation placard cant be beautiful? Brushed stainless with laser-fused numerals.
NEW, updated Get Rid of Boat Odors
The bible of marine toilets and plumbing, expanded and updated for 2016!