HELP! need an isomat NG105 spinaker pole car

eianm

Jul 7, 2010
Hunter 42 Sydney
Would anyone have or know where i can find a spinnaker pole sliding car for the isomat NG105 mast. I got onto Rigrite but they want $350 plus $100 freight for this car which seems CRAZY!
Wondered if maybe someone had one in a shed or drawer- i m the eternal optimist!

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
as someone will always say, a picture would help get your answer. Or are we supposed to research to find what you are looking for?

Last edited:

Dave Groshong

SBO Staff
Staff member
Jan 25, 2007
Catalina 22 Seattle
Check with MinneysYachtSurplus.com, and Sailorman.com. RigRite may be the only game in town unless you get lucky, post a picture!

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
Is there something specific about the Isomat NG 105 mast or could any cart that fits the track do?

eianm

Jul 7, 2010
Hunter 42 Sydney
isomat_spin_cars.html_txt_Iso_Nga-50.gif
here is the car i need_ will also contact MinneysYachtSurplus.com, and Sailorman.com.- will let you know if i get so lucky!
thanks!

eianm

Jul 7, 2010
Hunter 42 Sydney
actually- just realised i need this one more than the NGA50- need it to take the bell end_ sorry!!
isom.PNG

Mar 20, 2011
Hunter 31_83-87 New Orleans
Check out boaters resale shop in kemah texas. I turned in rig rite parts a while back but not sure if it’s the same car you need.

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
sliding car for the isomat NG105 mast.
Hi Eian, toyed with the idea awhile ago. Checked out Rigrite and their pricing and decided at the time, just not worth it. Did not need it for our asym (have launched it twice in the past fifteen years), but thought it might come in handy to mount a whisker pole so that the genoa would get more of a push during down wind sailing. Again, just not worth it for maybe a knot improvement.

Noticed a slip neighbor had one on his boat that appeared unused. An evil thought crossed my mind at one point, but decided that it would cause me to also purchase a pole and related hardware. Now days I just enjoy what I have scooting along at whatever pace the wind decides, perfectly immersed and satisfied.

Dec 25, 2000
LOL- you must be retired!
Kinda. Around here we call it semi. Helps to keep me out of trouble and the boat. Lots of time off with benefits.

If it takes an extra hour to get to my destination, that is an extra enjoyable hour spent under sail. Even toyed with the idea of a staysail, which meant winches, sheets and related hardware. Again, decided it just was not worth it. In my twilight years tackling the effort to solo hoist and keep the main and genoa trimmed with this beast, she can be a hand full at times, and then some.

Please let me know how your search ends. If you happen across and extra mast car laying around, that could be cause for motivation. A whisker pole would make performance matters a bit more spiffy. Had my eye on a telescoping one at our local consignment store, but was too small for our boat. Still some desire remains, though.

Jul 1, 1998
Hunter Legend 35 Poulsbo/Semiahmoo WA
While you're searching in the US, maybe consider looking in Great Britain at http://www.eurospars.com/sparcraft/sparcraft-parts/.

From their web site:
As main UK agents for RDM Sparcraft we can supply any parts for Sparcraft masts, booms, spinnaker poles, vangs, deck equipment, backstay tensioners, rigging and any number of other parts.
We hold a large stock in Plymouth and try our very best to ship stock parts within 24 hours of order.
When making your enquiry please have as much data regarding your yacht/mast as possible. We will need year of build and hull number and if your mast has a number stamp that will really help..
Note that number stamp will normally be found at the sail entry position. [Ed.: this is interesting. I'll have to take a close look at my mast]

Isomat and Francespar masts were the two large French Spar manufacturers of the 70's and 80's and there are still a large quantity of these masts spread far and wide around the world.

These masts were built for many of the large european yards such as Gibsea, Jeanneau, Beneteau, First, Dufour, Island Packet, Malo and many others.

Isomat and Francespar were merged and re named to form what is today's Sparcraft. As Sparcraft agents we have many of the original mast data and plans for this era of yachts. We have the technical knowledge to service these masts. We can still supply many of the parts needed by customer to keep these mast sailing for many year to come

eianm

Jul 7, 2010
Hunter 42 Sydney
Shemanr- yes- the isomat has a very
unique track on the front of the mast very wide- 72mm and rounded

Dec 25, 2000
Is there something specific about the Isomat NG 105 mast or could any cart that fits the track do?
Hi Andrew, as Eian stated, the Isomat car is proprietary to that mast, which has an integrated track formed during the mast extrusion.

Oct 27, 2011
Hunter 34 Jensen Beach, fl
I have that car left from an H31, if still interested can dig it out and get pics, make me an offer
phone 518-359-3181
Jensen Beach, FL

catena

Apr 14, 2012
beneteau oceanis 321 keyport, nj
hi, do you still have the nga-50 available? i'm looking for one for my beneteau 321