Help Identify Please

Jun 6, 2017
Catalina 22 Trailer Sailor
This boat is a lien sale being auctioned off in the SF Bay. I went and looked at it and was not sure the title is correct. They say it's a 1974 24'11" Petersen. I been searching and it does not look like any other Petersons I see. Who knows what she is?

Thanks travis

Attachments

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2005
Pearson 33-2 & Typhoon 18 Seneca Lake
I guess you already looked at sailboatdata.com for information on designs. There are three Peterson designed boats in that general length. Can you ask the seller of the boat for any further information or history? If there is paperwork maybe the issuing agency can be of some help if you talk to a helpful person. Finally, look for HIN in the usual location on the stern.

If registration is your only concern you might just agree with the paperwork's designation. Once I purchased a trailerable boat on a small trailer. The trailer registration labeled the trailer as a "Ford". That was many years ago, but the seller and I agreed that if the paperwork said "Ford" then it surely was a "Ford". The DOT would not make a mistake in their paperwork, and we were not about to argue with that governmental entity!