Heads

Jun 28, 2013
Hunter 49 Tall Rig Catawba Island Lake Erie
Both of the heads in my Hunter 49 when flushes do not shut off. Would anyone know a cause for this and a fix.
Thanks
Kirk

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
I'll be glad to help you, but I can't even make an educated guess without knowing the make, model, age and whether they use raw (sea/lake/river) water or onboard pressurized fresh water. With so little to go on, I'm not even 100% certain your toilets are electric.

--Peggie

Jun 28, 2013
Hunter 49 Tall Rig Catawba Island Lake Erie
Sorry. Jabsco model 37045 series quiet flush electric pressurized system.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
If it were happening in just one toilet, it would most likely be afailed flush button or solenoid valve in the intake. But your odds of winning a lottery are better than they are that either one could be happening in both toilets at the same time. The only thing I'm sure of is that it has to be electrical. So I'm gonna send you to to Jabsco's toilet guru Paul Campagna...his direct line is 978-282-5246. Please post his diagnosis and prescribed cure.
--Peggie

Jun 14, 2010
Robertson & Caine 2017 Leopard 40 CT
“But your odds of winning a lottery are better than they are that either one could be happening”
I had to read that slowly several times. Still not sure ..... (but I love your posts anyway, Peggie).
:)

Jun 15, 2004
Hunter 40 Mount Sinai
I had the same problem with my aft head, ordered a new solenoid with air break (?). Replaced and all was good. I took the old one apart expecting to find a bad diaphragm but it was still good. The problem was a build up of “yukka mukka “ in the air break part of the solenoid unit. I put it back in and it works so I kept the new one as a spare. The hard part was getting to it. Any questions reach out...

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
Interesting thought, but I don't think so unless his fresh water pump is WAAAAY too big for the size of the boat. I hope he'll check back in to tell us what Jabsco tech guru told him.
--Peggie