Hatch Hardware

Dec 28, 2015
Laser, Hunter H30 Cherubini Tacoma
I have two factory hatches that are square that do not have the hardware to keep them open. The lid frame has the threaded holes to attached the hardware. It is a 78 H30 of which I have owned for a little over a month now. I would like to know of any places to acquire the hardware. I'm sure I can make something but things like this are usually cheaper to buy that to fabricate. I have fixed a leaking fresh tank and replaced the hose and tank for the black water. Next is a mahogany cockpit floor grate. thanks.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
I hope you post your mahogany floor grate when you are done. I would love to see it.

- Will (Dragonfly)

Dec 28, 2015
Will do. I have a shop full of mahogany shorts that had been sitting around forever just for this project.

Jul 11, 2018
Hunter 30 Alameda, CA
I just repaired one of my hatches. The threads on the adjuster had stripped out. I bought a knob with larger diameter thread pattern and thread tap tool at a local hardware store. The threaded part of the knob was about 1/2 inch too long (the knob would interfere with the adjuster closing), so I had to cut it down to size. Good luck Mike!

May 27, 2004
Hunter 30_74-83 Ponce Inlet FL
Gee, I wonder if Mike was able to repair his hatch!
Or build his grate?
Or sail his boat?
Or...

Dec 28, 2015
I'm in Sisters, OR on my annual bike ride. I made a new thread on the grates just for you and I think I'm going to fabricate my own hardware because I would have to sell my third kid to buy them. There....I think I got them all.

Dec 28, 2015
I'm going with gas struts for the hardware. Waiting on the ball socket mounts. And I went sailing the other day ;)

Aug 25, 2006
Hunter 30 Somewhere
About $65 each for the Bomar 100 series riser arm or $130 for the two hatches. Probably going to run at least as much in parts, time and aggravation fitting gas struts (not to mention you loose the ability to easily vary the angle the hatch is held open)

Dec 28, 2015
Where are you finding them at that price? My forward hatch takes two.

Dec 28, 2015
I went with Taylormade gas struts at 10 lbs support and SS 5/16 threaded balls worked great. I would recommend going with a 10 and a 20 on the larger front hatch. Im going to fabric a strap to tether them partial open when I don't want them all the way open.