Hatch Area Leaking--solution?

May 16, 2018
Hunter 340
HI all,
We recently replaced the main hatch near the galley since we thought it was leaking. After replacing we found that the leak is coming from the inside walls of the hatch (see picture). Any suggestions how to seal properly? Thanks in advance!
Hatch leak.jpg

Oct 30, 2011
Hunter Cherubini 27 Mason
An epoxy filler that is compatible with whatever the hatch material is . For small repairs such as this I would use PC-11 epoxy. It cures to a light blueish/gray, (I'm partially color blind, so take that for whatever its worth) It can also be tinted with dyes, for a close match. It takes about 24 hrs. for full cure, and then can be sanded or machined to whatever profile you like

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Don't seal the inside.. That will just put the water into the deck core.. The outside bezel may be leaking or it could be another deck fitting that is letting the water in and it is coming out there.. could be something like a jib track fitting leak or a base for a turning block or handrail or something like that.. The closest is usually the prime suspect and that would be the outer part of the hatch where it is sealed to the deck.

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
I've said before that it's better to let water run through than stop it between the glass skins. At least it can dry when the Sun comes out and heats up the deck.