Halyard Shackles

Oct 26, 2008
Catalina 320 Barnegat, NJ
Right, I don't mean to be too hard on Greg. I've committed sins that got me put on probation! :(:( He doesn't need to feel bad. :biggrin:

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
I have not once had a problem with a halyard assembly that was provided by this Sponsor! I'll endorse their service all day long.
Scott, one might think our gracious sponsors offered discounts to suck-ups:cowbell:
- Will (Dragonfly)
Wait, do they? 'Cause I can not say enough good things about this forum or the products SBO sells. Keep up the great work guys, and Merry Christmas:thumbup:

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
You guys ARE the BEST! :clap:
SBO is everything could ever want.
Keep up the tremendous work.
- Will (Dragonfly)
By the way, how does one go about enjoying those deep DEEP SU discounts?

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Just 'cuz you haven't doesn't mean...:):):) Maybe you need to get out more. :)
No, it's not only the leash getting hung up. They "just" open by themselves. I'm sure there's a thorough discussion somewhere on the web about it, but you can do your own homework.
When one "just opened" on me it was securing me to my bosuns chair at the top of my mast!!! Good thing it was years ago on our C25. I scurried down promptly, did some of my own homework back then (early 90s?) and found out what I'd experienced is quite common.

Don't scoff, it's true.

Your boat, your choice.:)
There are certain people here that I've stopped having discussions with due to the fact that they always seem to end up like this.

My grandfather told me: Never wrestle with a pig. You both get covered in $hit, the only difference is that the pig enjoys it.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
Scott, one might think our gracious sponsors offered discounts to suck-ups:cowbell:Wait, do they? 'Cause I can not say enough good things about this forum or the products SBO sells. Keep up the great work guys, and Merry Christmas:thumbup:
It's too late, Will. When the cowbell sounds, it triggers a "Naughty Alert" printout in Santa's workshop. And you only have 7 days to try to make up for it! Put $10,000 dollars in a gift-wrapped box and send it to me by PM.

greg_m

May 23, 2017
Catalina Jaguar 22 Simons Town
Really poor form greg. Who do you think funds this forum? Perhaps this was an oversight on your part. For the record, I have purchased multiple halyards with halyard shackles spliced onto the end by the Sponsor of this forum because I love the work they do and the customer service they provide. I have not once had a problem with a halyard assembly that was provided by this Sponsor! I'll endorse their service all day long. :waycool::waycool: The captive pin thimble shackle is my favorite for mainsail and head sail shackle. But I 've never used the seizing wire. Can't say that I think there is a need for it. The thread seems to lock in place adequately.
Perhaps... however in red print just above this box simply states:

Forum rules Please do not post items for sale in the forums.

Oct 26, 2008
Catalina 320 Barnegat, NJ
Perhaps... however in red print just above this box simply states:

Forum rules Please do not post items for sale in the forums.
Well, our host has also very graciously provided a "Classifieds" section where guests are invited to place items for sale. How is that for customer service! Have you ever been in a more inviting and customer-friendly store?!?! :biggrin: