Hallo everybody. I am a new owner of a 323.

Dec 11, 2017
Beneteau 323 oceanis 2005 696 Israel
Well, in my privies boat it worked good, with the same antenna. In my new boat it worked in beginning also good, but from day to day the range got shorter and shorter.
The VHF was problematic as well. I ask a friend who is technician to check the transmission. The result was less then 15W. Instead of 25W. I will first replace the Cable, and if it would no help I will replace the antenna. I find it hard to believe that the VHF is the problem.

Dec 11, 2017
Well, in my privies boat it worked good, with the same antenna. In my new boat it worked in beginning also good, but from day to day the range got shorter and shorter.
The VHF was problematic as well. I ask a friend who is technician to check the transmission. The result was less then 15W. Instead of 25W. I will first replace the Cable, and if it would no help I will replace the antenna. I find it hard to believe that the VHF is the problem.
Maybe the connectors are the problem? we will see.

Dec 11, 2017
See pic of under-sink storage. Additional "bottle rack" behind the shower seat. Shelves behind head.
Nice idea under the sink. (i thought it will block the ventilation for the fridge) but if its work in your boat without no problem, I will use this idea.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
Nice idea under the sink. (i thought it will block the ventilation for the fridge...
You can see the compressor heat can circulate to under the fridge, At first, I got two OEM air vents (like the engine intakes just outside the companionway). One, in the first pic, faces aft. The second is in the door. The OEM forward-facing vent should allow flow-through ventilation no matter where a breeze is coming in. I saw Sheetmusic's solution in the 3rd pic. I started to followed Chuck's lead a bit differently as in the first two pics to make use of the heat in the colder nights. I had not installed the lower elbow to blow the air out the OEM square vents make use of the heat in the colder nights in the salon. /// When I leave the fridge on when not on the boat, I leave the cabinet door open to let heat escape.

Attachments

Dec 11, 2017
Guys I need help. I have an electrical strange problem. When I turn off the engine the Oil presser alarm is still working (very quiet but still working) even when I takeout the key from the switch. After a wail the alarm turns off. Now I don't know if it is an electrical problem or the oil unit problem. I think start to solve the problem with changing the oil unit. I can't find its catalog number.

So I need help with several problems. 1. Maybe some one had such a phenomena. 2. Who know the catalog number of the unit? 3. where can I find the chart of the engine 3YM20. Thanks

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Oil presser alarm is still working (very quiet but still working) even when I takeout the key from the switch. After a wail the alarm turns off.
Does the oil pressure alarm sound once after turning the engine off or after the engine has been off and you take the key out? I don't know much about engines, but my father's fishing boats would ring an alarm after he shut the engines down. I asked him why they did that when he had already shut off the engines. He said it was just the oil pressure dropping once the engine stopped running. It was normal. That meant the oil pressure sensors were still engaged. This was back in the 1970s so the oil pressure sensor was probably mechanical instead of electrical and certainly not computer controlled.
I would have no idea what was normal in your case. Do you have a manual? It should describe a normal shut down.

- Will (Dragonfly)

Dec 11, 2017
Thanks for the replay.
after I shut the engine off. I will bring an electrition. will see.
Thanks

Dec 11, 2017
by the way. wher can i find the chart of the engine? (3YM20) with all the catalogs number?

Thanks

Nov 1, 2017
Catalina 25 Sea Star Base Galveston, TX
Wish I had a Beneteau :) yet, simultaneously, I do not. Very nice boat! I hope to hear more about you!

Dec 11, 2017
Try searching on Yanmar 3YM20 operators manual and/or service manual and/or parts manual or just manual. Also this is a good place to start for any manual you may need in the future for the boat or home:

https://www.manualslib.com/3/3ym20.html
Thanks but thouse manual I do have. i am looking for the technical chart where you see individual every part
before this boat i had a boat with a Volvo penta and I had its chart but for this Yanmar I cant find