Hallo everybody. I am a new owner of a 323.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Welcome to SBO, koko Sailor.
I'm not a Beneteau owner but, the 323 is a pretty boat and her reviews sound good. Congratulations.
Did you buy her new or do you have work to do on her? What are your plans, local coastal sailing or long range cruising?
- Will (Dragonfly)

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Welcome aboard, Koko.. Lots of Beneteau folks on site and lots of good info available.. Look around on "boat info" and also in the "general downloads" sections..
Congratulations on the boat ! Have Fun !

Aug 2, 2010
J-Boat J/88 Cobourg
Congratulations Koko, I am a happy owner of a 323 and would be happy to help in any way I can.
Great boat with loads of storage and a great rear berth. We have often had her north of hull speed though we are struggling with light airs racing....and the skippers tactics!
Dan

Dec 11, 2017
Beneteau 323 oceanis 2005 696 Israel
Thank you guys.
I purchased it from a Charter company in Greece. a 2005 mod. In Lefkada. This is a island in the entrance to the Adriatic sea. I sailed it east to Israel in three legs. She will stay with me all the winter in the biblical city of Ashdod. Next summer we will make new plan.
All sailing I had ther where very minor technical problems. The last 200 mils the Jabsco start to lick. I fixed as soon as I got to Israel. The main problem was the AIS that I installed, (only receiver) which lost range as I sailed. Maybe the problem is with the antenna. The splitter is OK and the AIS is also ok so I will replace the antenna. I still didn’t find the "thief" so I will see what I have to fix.

The leg from Athens to Naxos was a nightmare.I will not forget it a long time. Really very bad sea. B7-8. Strong winds and waves that was to big for a 32 feet boat, but she did here job.
It was fun although the Aegean Sea is not friendly at all. It was about 1000 m.

Dec 11, 2017
Dan.
I think they did a mistake with the aft cabin. It is un promotional big. They could remove the rare shelf, shift the bed to the back with the salon. So the V berth could be a bit bigger. The aft cabin is much too big. But that is the design and I can't change it, so… I will live with that.

DougM

Jul 24, 2005
Beneteau 323 Manistee, MI
Welcome,
I’ve owned my 323 since 2004 and have been very happy with it.
I doubt that your idea of expanding the aft cabin berth aft is viable since the fuel tank is located there.

Nov 1, 2017
Catalina 25 Sea Star Base Galveston, TX
Koko,

Welcome! Joining this forum is one of the best things I've done with my time; I've learned a lot from these guys! The 323 was always a nice boat; I sailed one in Galveston and it was a decent racer with a big ole spin and carbon main (it's nice to have friends ;P).

Dec 11, 2017
I suppose the designer put more weight on the size of the cockpit that why he couldn’t make the aft cabin smaller, the end result is a small V berth, but still I enjoy the boat very much.

Aug 2, 2010
J-Boat J/88 Cobourg
Dan.
I think they did a mistake with the aft cabin. It is un promotional big. They could remove the rare shelf, shift the bed to the back with the salon. So the V berth could be a bit bigger. The aft cabin is much too big. But that is the design and I can't change it, so… I will live with that.
My wife likes that big aft cabin so any other discussion is irrelevant! Galley storage is the only thing we would change, no room for much though there are two wine racks!

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
My wife likes that big aft cabin so any other discussion is irrelevant! Galley storage is the only thing we would change, no room for much though there are two wine racks!
Obviously that boat was outfitted for a sail to France. Why haven't you done that? or have you? Is the wine rack full...half full?
-Will (Dragonfly)

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
My spinnaker shares that aft bunk with a couple. Sleep with your head towards aft. /// Go to the top of this page, click on "boat info", then the 323/owner mods. You will find articles that a couple of us have submitted. I'll try to finish up all my other ones and post them. Anyone can make an article to post if you have done some improvement. I did a Delmarva circle with 4 people for 16 days- the length of the Chesapeake Bay, and down the ocean. Before the trip I started looking at how I could improve the storage capacity. We were not lacking for storage.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Sorry what is "wine rack"?
It's a structural design element to integrate into your boat of you want to sell to the a more sedate crowd. Otherwise, you would use rum barrels to ballast your boat.

- Will (Dragonfly)

Jun 8, 2004
Catalina 320 Dana Point
Yeah, when I was a kid I had an "eccentric" uncle who had a motorhome with "wine lockers" under mattresses and behind the appliances that he filled with booze in Mexico.

Dec 11, 2017
Unfortunately there is no place under the floor in my boat. Only in the front there is a place for 5-6 bottles.

Attachments

JRacer

Aug 9, 2011
Beneteau 310 Cheney KS (Wichita)
Welcome aboard. You mentioned a "splitter" re: the VHF. Are you sharing that antenna with something other than the VHF? If so, I believe that can diminish your VHF reception. Mine was set up that way when I got the boat and I took out the splitter. There are other members that are more well versed on the subject. Perhaps they will post.