H41 forward sump location

dakno

Jun 22, 2009
Hunter 41DS new orleans
Hello all, I spent 20 minutes looking at old threads to no avail. I need to clean the intake in the forward head shower sump. According to the schematic its under the bath medicine cabinet / anchor locker. Is it, mine is a 08 ds. The cabinet looks like its secured by 4 screws but I would like to be sure before I start taking things apart. Thanks

Jun 15, 2012
BAVARIA C57 Greenport, NY
It is under the mattress in the forward cabin, attached to the bulkhead between the forward cabin and forward head. Lift up the forward part of the mattress, then lift the small plywood drop board. It's right under.

Nodak7

Sep 28, 2008
Hunter 41DS Punta Gorda, FL
Dakno, Semper is absolutely spot on. You can also get to it through the forward door under the forward mattress. You should be able to reach right in and remove the suction strainer.

Sep 11, 2011
Hunter 41AC Bayfield WI, Lake Superior
Replace the ITE with a gulper and you can forget where the pump is. ITE with strainer suckes as a sump pump.......

dakno

Jun 22, 2009
Hunter 41DS new orleans
I found the pump on the bath bulkhead wall easy enough but I can't unscrew the cover on the pumpguard..its to tight. I will have to come back with a strap wrench and hopefully get it open without breaking anything. Thanks all

dakno

Jun 22, 2009
Hunter 41DS new orleans
Success . I removed the pump guard to the dock and used a screwdriver/hammer to slowly tap and remove the cap. The cap was unbelievably tight and I don't think had ever been removed. The trash around the screen was a carpet! all good now, thanks.