H41 cockpit shower/washdown

dakno

Jun 22, 2009
Hunter 41DS new orleans
Hey Skippers. My OE cockpit shower in the transom walk thru is poor, water dribbles out. I thought it may have got funky with age so I found a exact direct replacement and installed it with no improvement. What have you done for a good cockpit shower? Where did you install it?
Secondly, I also want a wash down pump that reaches from the anchor locker to the transom. It would be amazing to have 1 cold water fresh water outlet that I could attach a garden hose to and use for cleaning the boat and to clean myself using existing fresh water pump? I would love to hear what you all have done.

dakno

Jun 22, 2009
Hunter 41DS new orleans
Who here has a good cockpit shower and how did you set it up? It would be awesome if I could use the same system for showers and washing ground tackle.....

Mar 20, 2004
Hunter 356 and 216 Portland, ME
ditto on the kinked hose!
I installed a washdown pump under the anchor locker and tee'd off the bow fresh water tank for a fresh water supply. works really well, just remember you're using your drinking/cooking/shower water supply.

Apr 21, 2014
Hunter 356 Middle River, MD
Would also think a kinked house, look through your stern locker and see if your hose is twisted. Would like to put something on the hose on mine so it doesn't keep happening other that just making sure the hose goes back in correctly.
Chuck, have a wash down in the anchor locker with it's own sea cock and pump, do you ever worry about using your fresh water for that or do you not stay out and move around that much or perhaps a water maker?
Jeff

Jun 4, 2004
Hunter 410 Punta Gorda
I have a sea water wash down system. But if you want to hose your boat down with fresh water you can use the exterior hose dock connection on your transom. You need to get a two male thread connector to connect to this inlet. Hook up your hose and it will reverse flow into the hose.

dakno

Jun 22, 2009
Hunter 41DS new orleans
I fixed it, sort of . I pulled the unit out, disconnected the water lines and turned on the fresh water pump. There was good pressure thru the both lines. I reconnected the shower unit and removed the spray head and got good flow thru the hose, then reconnected the spray head and still a dribble? After removing the spray head again I noticed a plug with a 1/32 hole in it for the water channel sprayer, glued in, not removable . I then drilled a 1/4" hole thru this plug and reconnected the head. Done, we now have a functioning cockpit shower. Next is to add a extension hose to this sprayer so we can stand upright in the cockpit and rinse off. The existing hose is about 48" so I will add another 48" piece to it.