H356 Cutlass bearing size

Feb 23, 2018
Hunter 356 Marseille
Good day everyone.
I'm going to change my stuffing box and propeller in a couple of weeks. I'll also change the cutlass bearing at the same time if only I could find the size of it : inside outside diameter and length.
Anyone know what size please?

Mar 20, 2004
Hunter 356 and 216 Portland, ME
it's a 1" shaft, I think the cutless is about 4" long. If I'm up at Escape this weekend I'll get and post the numbers

Feb 23, 2018
Hunter 356 Marseille
And what about the length of the propeller shaft? If I discover i need to change it once the boat is out of the water?
Better have a B plan ready for action :)

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
Are you changing the stuffing in your stuffing box and what new prop you going
change to and are you going to do the work.
Nick

Feb 23, 2018
Hunter 356 Marseille
Im going to put on a dripless volvo type stuffing box. Worked perfectly on my past boats.
For the propeller i'm going to try the Kiwiprop. Lots and lots of positive points... including the price.
I'll do the work myself... knowing my local professional mechanic will not be far away if I have difficulty in getting out the old cutlass bearing. I'm changing the backing plates for my through hulls too. The PO did an awful job and they're leaking.

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
Look at Mainsails web site lots info on dripless and cutlass bearing replacing,I did my dripless and cutless and used info from Mainsails site was very helpful.
Nick

Feb 23, 2018
Hunter 356 Marseille
Very nice marinehowto website. Had a great time looking through the 'fails' gallery :)