H35.5: Head not getting water

Jul 30, 2017
Hunter 35.5 Chicago
On a Hunter 35.5: The PO says the water to the head is shut off. Is there a valve somewhere that turns water to the commode on and off? All the faucets are working.

Jul 19, 2015
Beneteau 343 BVI
The short answer is yes. If a hose springs a leak you need to to be able to shut the water off so the boat doesn't sink or for repairs to the head. In my Beneteau 343 it is under the sink at the through hull connection.

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
On my H356 most the thru hulls were in the compartment under the companionway. I considered that good design. I don't remember if the head intake was there.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
Is the toilet one that's pumped manually, or electric (you push a button to flush it)? If it's a manual toilet, it pulls in sea/lake water...trace the small hose coming off the back of it to a thru-hull (hole in the bottom of the boat) that has a seacock (lever operated valve) that opens and closes the thru-hull. Turning the lever to line it up parallel with that hose opens the thru-hull.
Some electric toilets also use sea water--in which case, find the thru-hull and open it...some are designed to pressurized freshwater from the boat's potable water supply. In either case, it may be as simple as just making sure the toilet's breaker is on.
The owners manual for your toilet will help you learn how it works. If you don't have one, you can download it from the mfr's website. I can post the link to it if you can tell me the make/model. If you don't know or can't find it on the toilet, post a photo that shows the pump or anything under the bowl, NOT the bowl (all bowls look alike).