h35.5 air conditioning location

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Joe Fanizza

Does anyone know of a location on a h35.5, 1993 model were I can install a air conditioning unit. Has anyone done an installation? Please get back to me. Thanks

J

Jim Oursler

Air condition install

Just installed one on a 34. Believe me, while the first consideration is where to put it, the most important is how to run the ducts, both air intake and outlet. Probably your A/C manufacturer can suggest a spot. Mine, Mermaid, seemed quite knowledgable..

J

Jim Rushing

A/C under the Stbd Settee

Back in 1997, I had King Marine Aire of Fla build a special unit to fit under my starboard settee. Since then, they have built at least one more of these special units. I took pictures of the installation and sent them to Michelle Davis at the factory. Their 800 number is 1-800-230-KING and they are located in Clearwater, Fla. If you need more details, my e-mail is jfrushing@worldnet.att.net

J

Joe Remke

a/c location

I put a Mermaid unit under the center settee in front of the sink on my '90 35.5. I relocated the hot water heater to the aft compartment where the holding tank is located. The Mermaid is the only unit that would fit beneath the settee and they have been very helpful.

S

Sharon Stubblebine

Split system Marine Air

I have a 1994 35.5 and one of the previous owners installed a split system Marine Air. The compresssor and pump are underneath the v-berth. There is a 12000 btu air handler in the starboard forward hanging locker. There is a second 6000k air handler in the aft cabin hanging locker. Originally there was only the 12000 unit forward with ducting that ran down the starboard side of the boat all the way to the aft cabin. It didn't cool the aft cabin properly so the second air handler was added. That original ducting now ends in the head and it's real nice to have a/c in the head. The hanging locker in the aft cabin is still usable and there is a small amount of storage available in the forward "a/c locker". The thermostat/control is mounted at the nav station.

Status
Not open for further replies.