H260 Rudder Pivot Pin loose

Jeff_B

Aug 29, 2017
Hunter 260 Wabamum
I removed my Rudder for some winter refurbishing and the 1/2 inch pivot bolt is wobbling around in a 1 inch hole through the rudder, I assume there should be a bushing of some sort in there, does anyone know the dimensions or part number or should I just get a brass bushing machined to fit, on the sides there are two nylon discs that the bolt runs through.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Have you contacted the people here at SBO? They have found (and one time made) for me some random parts for my H26. So far they have batted 100 when I asked for help finding parts.

Jan 19, 2010
That does not look right. I wonder if that is not the original bolt? Seems it should be a larger diameter bolt.

Jeff_B

Aug 29, 2017
Hunter 260 Wabamum
It would have to be a 1 inch dia bolt to fit that hole, the 1/2 inch is correct size but not sure what else goes in there.

Jan 19, 2010
I think I bought the bushing from SBO store
:plus:

There you go!

Click here go to the store...

https://shop.hunterowners.com/hp/model.php?m=23.5

when you can't find it click on the "Can't find the part you need?" link on the right side of the page.

Upload the picture and a guy named Joe will likely be the person who calls you back. These guys are great.... and no! I'm not getting paid to say so.:biggrin:

Apr 27, 2010
Hunter 23 Lake Wallenpaupack
If there is a part like a bushing, I'd of course use that. If there is none and the rudder stock has been reamed out, you can glass a bushing in. On my H23, somewhat different rudder of course, I got a steel tube to fit the bolt and used West System epoxy to glass it into the hole that became enlarged.

Jeff_B

Aug 29, 2017
Hunter 260 Wabamum
Thanks for the help everyone, I sent a note to SBO asking for a part number if they have one.

Jeff

Apr 8, 2013
Hunter 260 Nanaimo
You are missing a dyrilin spacer
It slide fits into the foam rudder and has a 1/2 hole for the bolt.
Your rudder must move around and you will be eating into the rudder .
The spacer becomes oval over time anyway
I glazed in a new one last year and it tightened everything up.

Apr 8, 2013
Hunter 260 Nanaimo
No .
I couldn't find one the right size , so found the right diameter dyrilen rod and drilled a hole in the centre and glassed it into the rudder.
I've heard others also just fill the hole with epoxy any then drill the bolt hole in that.

Jeff_B

Aug 29, 2017
Hunter 260 Wabamum
Interesting, I don't have the use of a lathe anymore otherwise it would not be a problem, but ive a whole winter to fix and repaint it.