H260 Forestay Length ???

Apr 27, 2010
Hunter 23 Lake Wallenpaupack
SCMermaid, not sure if you have a furler where the stay must thread through the foils or not, but if it is a simple setup with swaged fittings on either end, and if what you have now (even if broken) fits well, most any good rigger can do it by mail. I used one in Annapolis. Just call one, see if they can do what you have, and if so send the old stay with fittings and they'd duplicate it, taking measurements from it. Make sure they have eqpt to do proper rolled swages.

Now, if you can't have the ends swaged and shipped back because you must fit through a furler foil (like I had to), consider using a swageless fitting on one end , e.g., the upper eye. Like maybe a Sta-Lok. That way you can fit the wire stay through the foil and then attach the eye, at your boat. If you have a furler, and the lower stud threads into the furler drum (like my Harken) then that stud may already be removable.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
The new owner of SBO to include this site is a former Hunter employee. Suggest that you contact Dave Groshong at the forum store. Advise year of boat and of course H260 as they would have that information I suspect