H26 Stern Rail Seats For Sale or Drawings.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Brian I will try one more time to see if plans available and will advise. Personal message sent

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2018
Hunter 26 Ca
Rgranger
Hope you came thru Florence unscathed.
Though I’m in no hurry, when you get a chance, I’d sure like to talk more about your stern seat drawings. Thanks again

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Rgranger
Hope you came thru Florence unscathed.
Though I’m in no hurry, when you get a chance, I’d sure like to talk more about your stern seat drawings. Thanks again
Got ya. I'll PM you.

Oct 28, 2013
Hunter 20 Lake Monroe
I can't help but find the name "stern perch" funny. Especially given this promotional graphic.

So what we are supposed to subliminally deduce is.... what exactly ?????
Heck, I think we need a set too!

Sam

BrianW

Jan 7, 2005
Hunter 26 Guntersville Lake, (AL)
Hi All:
I received an answer from SBO concerning the availability of the stern rail seat. They are available … at a cost! I am seriously considering! Joe also provided a engineering drawings of the stern rail with seats. I'll cut and paste the message and have attached the drawings provided. Thanks Joe with SBO!!! BrianW

Date: 10-25-2018 6:46am
Name: Joe
Brian,

I have been doing some digging and talking with the fabrication shop about the stern rails with seats. From what I have found out is that the optional rails did mount the same as the original standard rails and have included an engineering drawing so you can see what I'm talking about. Also I have searched pictures on the internet and the pictures that I seen confirms the drawing. The price for a set of these rails to you is $1350 not including shipping costs. The starboard seats that secure to them would be extra.

Another thought would be to send us your old rails so we can have the original mounting configuration and make the new rails to bolt to the old locations. This would save having the boat patched.

Let us know what you think about this.

Thanks, Joe
joe@sailboatowners.com

Attachments

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 23.5 Fort Walton Yacht Club, Florida
Steep but I think worth it.

I paid about half that for mine when I bought them and thought that they were expensive but they really make the boat seem larger. While you probably would not be able to recoup the investment were you to sell the boat I bet they would help the boat sell quicker.

BrianW

Jan 7, 2005
Hunter 26 Guntersville Lake, (AL)
Rick, I think you are right about it being worth it. I longingly look at a 7-year old email quote from Hunter... still in my inbox for $750!
I am assuming there are embeded aluminum plates where my current stern rail mounts are. Can anyone confirm this?
I have 2 possible complications (see attached photo):
1) My current bimini frame mounting will interfere with the new stern rail seat
2) My current stern rail mounts to the horizontal surface of the deck to hull joint . The drawings (attached PDF) show the new stern rail seats mount onto the deck's outside vertical surface. Are there embedded aluminum plates at the new mounting points? If not, can I access from the inside to install through-bolts and backing plates?

Does anyone have any thoughts or solutions to this? Thanks, BrianW

Attachments

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 23.5 Fort Walton Yacht Club, Florida
I paid $650 I guess it was a bargain. On my boat I was able to access all the bolts though not terribly comfortably. I remember asking about the embedded plates and was told sometime in 95 they started putting them in but nobody was sure when or what hull number. I was able to use a studfinder to find the plates where the spinnaker hardware attaches but not the seats. It is probably easier to use the backing plates and through bolt everything. I first tried tapping the backing plates but it was way easier to just use nuts and lock washers as nothing lined up perfectly and there was a lot pulling, tugging, clamping, and cursing to get it to where all the bolts were attached to begin tightening them down. It helps to have a skinny left handed double jointed friend to help. My wife is left handed and that was about as close as I could find.

The bimini will probably work fine just attach the back brace to the stern rail rather than the gunwale.

Let us know how it goes.