H26 Companionway Boards

Doug J

May 2, 2005
Hunter 26 Oceanside, CA
Does anyone have H26 companionway boards they would be willing to sell? I figure there might be someone who has upgraded their companionway and no longer has a need for the original boards. My friend accidentally dropped one of my Plexiglass boards overboard. No, it couldn't have been one of the wood ones that would float. I prefer the original look. So I'm hoping I can find a replacement. I could have one made, or I could make all new wood. But I thought I'd take a shot here to see if anyone has boards they want to sell.

646106_11.jpg

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
I would be willing to sell mine. I'd throw in the rest of the boat at the price I would want for them.

But seriously, making them sounds like a good idea.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2016
Hunter 23.5 Paupack, PA
Oh no. Keel-haul him! So this place pops up online: http://www.eplastics.com/plexiglass_acrylic_sheet and they seem to be able to bevel edge the stuff for like $1.50/foot. I'll be if you call them you could get one made for probably around $150, but you'll need accurate measurements. You can probably find a local shop that can do it for less. Maybe. I haven't checked, is there a drawing? If not, make one out of wood first, get the angles and the bevels right, then send it off at the end of the season. Oh that's right, you don't have an end of season! Good luck.
[Edit: I would reach out to @CloudDiver. He seems to be a fabrication guy!]

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
You could check with the local yards to see if they have and scrap material like lexan or whatever and generally yyou will get a good price for their scrap. What ever you do make sure the angle of the bevels are upward when the companionway boards are made to divert water from coming into the cabin.

Doug J

May 2, 2005
Hunter 26 Oceanside, CA
You could check with the local yards to see if they have and scrap material like lexan or whatever and generally yyou will get a good price for their scrap. What ever you do make sure the angle of the bevels are upward when the companionway boards are made to divert water from coming into the cabin.
Cutting material like Lexan can be tricky. I did make a replacement board out of birch plywood with the angles cut appropriately. It's working fine, but I don't like the look. I like the OEM look. If I can't find anyone that has theirs they are willing to part with, I will make a whole new set out of wood.

I just figured it couldn't hurt to ask. I know many have made new swing out doors, or otherwise upgraded, so I figure somebody has the old boards laying around doing nothing.

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
I know many have made new swing out doors, or otherwise upgraded, so I figure somebody has the old boards laying around doing nothing.
I know where one is lying around doing nothing under water... Or at least an approximate location.

Fred

Sep 27, 2008
Catalina 28 mkii 745 Ottawa, Ontario, CA
When fitting be careful to note that the size is somewhat different when the boat is afloat or on the trailer. My boards tend to have a larger gap on top when afloat.

Doug J

May 2, 2005
Hunter 26 Oceanside, CA
Well, since it doesn't appear I'll be able to find any original boards, I'll make new all wood.