H23.5 transducer placement and install

Aug 22, 2017
Hunter 26.5 West Palm Beach
My hunter had an epoxy bedded transducer when I bought it. The transducer failed, probably from overheating. It was hot to the touch when I checked it. Removing the mass amount of epoxy seemed like a daunting & risky task, so instead, I fabricated a clamp-on bracket out of Star Board & attached the new transducer to my transom.

This was originally intended as a temporary solution, but it works well enough that it may become permanent.

Attachments

Last edited:

ronkS2

Aug 22, 2017
Hunter 240 South Florida
Throwing in my two cents worth partly as a question. I have a 24 Hunter and I have set my thru hull transducer up under the front V berth. It is in the middle of the boat before the keel so barring not putting the boat up on plane I am assuming that will be the cleanest water with regards to turbulence. Have not epoxied it in, so no harm no foul. Has anyone ever tried this location? I hope to get out this weekend and will report back.

Ron

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
I will answer that question. Under the V berth, absoulutely no due to curvature and it will be intermittment .. The logical is under the rear berth near the bilge based on knowledge of design and having sold nearly a quarter of the production line.