Registered users don't see ads

H23.5 transducer placement and install

Discussion in 'Smaller Boats' started by Chris Flanagan, May 21, 2017. Add this thread to a FAQ

1. JimInPB

JimInPB

Joined Aug 22, 2017
    172 posts, 22 likes
    Hunter 212 & 170
    us Florida West Palm Beach
    My hunter had an epoxy bedded transducer when I bought it. The transducer failed, probably from overheating. It was hot to the touch when I checked it. Removing the mass amount of epoxy seemed like a daunting & risky task, so instead, I fabricated a clamp-on bracket out of Star Board & attached the new transducer to my transom.

This was originally intended as a temporary solution, but it works well enough that it may become permanent.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
    Chris Flanagan likes this.
  2. ronkS2

ronkS2

Joined Aug 22, 2017
    9 posts, 4 likes
    Hunter 240
    US South Florida South Florida
    Throwing in my two cents worth partly as a question. I have a 24 Hunter and I have set my thru hull transducer up under the front V berth. It is in the middle of the boat before the keel so barring not putting the boat up on plane I am assuming that will be the cleanest water with regards to turbulence. Have not epoxied it in, so no harm no foul. Has anyone ever tried this location? I hope to get out this weekend and will report back.

Ron

3. Crazy Dave Condon

Crazy Dave Condon

Joined Jun 8, 2004
    5,740 posts, 330 likes
    -na -NA
    US Anywhere USA
    I will answer that question. Under the V berth, absoulutely no due to curvature and it will be intermittment .. The logical is under the rear berth near the bilge based on knowledge of design and having sold nearly a quarter of the production line.

4. ronkS2

ronkS2

Joined Aug 22, 2017
    9 posts, 4 likes
    Hunter 240
    US South Florida South Florida
    Thanks Dave. Where no one else had posts about it I figured there must be a reason.

Hunter props, shafts, struts, and cutless bearings
Power train parts for most every Hunter model, most in stock for fast shipment.
Hunter gaskets for all!
Gaskets for ports, hatches, latches, speaker pods, refrigerators, freezers, more.
Hunter faucets and parts
Replacement fixtures, hoses, sprayers, washers, and more.
Cabinet catch for many Hunters
Used on a variety of Hunters from the Legend-era to present. In stock!