H19-2 Mast Length?

Mik

Jan 22, 2008
Santana 20 Chandler, AZ AZ
I purchased a Hunter 19-2 in need of a mast. Would anyone have a diagram including dimentions and attachment locations?

Also adding a spinnaker so would like it to include the factory location.

The manuals here have it for the H235 and H260, but not for the H19.2

Thanks

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Issue is the mast mfg as it did change. too long of a story to go thru which is why the requested info above as some things are different from mast to mast for example the mast foot.

Mik

Jan 22, 2008
Thanks Dave - 1994 - #091.

Would be nice to get OEM. Close $enough$ is good $enough$

Mik

Jan 22, 2008
Year of boat or hull number.
Do you have the boom and if so, any markings to indicate mfg.
I have the boom - but no markings - and not sure if it is OEM or came with the replacement stick. It has the correct foot length.

Mik

Jan 22, 2008
I asked Hunter for the info.. :

Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2018 4:49 AM
To: azexploder@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: Customer Information Request

Unfortunately we do not have info on boats from the 1990's.

Regards,
Peter Mantel
Marlow-Hunter, LLC & Marlow-Pilot
Toll free - 800-771-5556 ph - 386-462-3077 fax - 386-462-4077 Email - aftersales@marlow-hunter.com

Mik

Jan 22, 2008
All the line drawings have the forestay and side stays terminating at the same place - so that is where I will drill my holes unless I can get a mast diagram showing the actual location..

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Not sure you may want to check the forum store and ask dave groshong but something tells me possibly could be Dwyer mast Check with Dwyer first and then with US Spars.
If going with a stock mast or whatever, the mast foot and attachments is critical

Mik

Jan 22, 2008
YAY - I talked to a HUMAN at US Spars.. tho, they could not send me a diagram unless I buy a mast - which I have been on the waiting list for 3 weeks.. I DID get some dimensions.. tho, again, they could not confirm it was the correct model..

7520 - LENGTH
6140 - CAP SHROUD
6040 - FORESTAY
2960 - SPREADERS - INNER SHROUD.

Time to chop up my $100 Hobie 16 mast and see if we can hit the water before it start to boil !

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
You never divulged if you want diagrams to simply take any mast and use it trying to make one work vs. buying a new mast specifically for the boat and now talk of chopping an old mast. So what was your true intent?

Many manufacturers generally work with folks to include U S Spars but something was said to lead them otherwise. Then I ask what is your true intent which is a ligitament question Is it trying to save a buck? Taking any mast trying to modify one, no one wants to get involved because if there is a failure with blame on others, no one wants to get involved

Last edited: