Greetings from Galapagos

Jul 13, 2010
Precision 23 Perry Hall,Baltimore County
Checking one off of the Admirals bucket list this week, although I`m glad to be here. Enjoying 80`s and stern patio breakfasts with dolphins jumping alongside. This is an incredible place,photos posted when I arrive home kicking and screaming. Reading "Sailing alone around the world" in the ships library so I don`t awaken the Admiral, had a chance to get on ships computer.

Jul 13, 2010
it`s 5:30 AM in Galalapos. 70`s,light rain,(wet season right now) just breaking dawn to the east. M/V La Pinta is anchored in port,today`s excursions are to Darwin research facility. The exterior hull spotlights are on, bringing small fish (and more) to the sides of the ship. leaning on the rail with coffee I spotted in about 20 minutes 3 sharks, 2 turtles, a school of 9 rays, 2 sea lions and (last night) a pelican floating about , capturing a fish about every 90 seconds. All the morning critters seem to be just passing by,except the sea lions. They are hanging in the light for a long time. The ship is just waking up,crew stirring, can smell breakfast being prepared. All shore travel has been in RIB`s equippped with 25 HP Yamahas, they have 1 f/g boat with glass panels in the bottom for viewing. All 5 boats stored topside, 4 RIB`s can be lowered and secured to stern swim platform in about 15 minutes.Schedule has been 2 hikes a day since starting this Thursday afternoon, move between locations overnight and 1 time during the day during lunch. Our cabin hard astern over the engine room but not to intrusive, some vibration helps lull me to sleep, Thankful we don`t have a far forward cabin, when the anchor and chain let go up there it`s a rattly, noisy 5:00 am wakeup call for all forward!

Aug 15, 2012
Precision 21 Newburyport MA
If you are posting this to make us jealous it's working. You probably have limited internet but when you get a chance post some pictures. In the mean time.

:worthless:

Jul 13, 2010
Well, I have 3 photos ready now, It will probably take me all year to get photos from wife phone and my camera (shopping for a waterproof one now, learned the hard way) organized. Me and Spinsheet is at Post Office Bay, I have 3 cards to deliver in Md. and Pa.
IMG955821.jpg
IMG953959.jpg
IMG953959.jpg
IMG955256.jpg

MitchM

Jan 20, 2005
Nauticat 321 pilothouse 32 Erie PA
great story! we are thinking of taking this trip. could you PM me with info as to which company you traveled with, and whether you were pleased with the boat and the land tours ?

thanks and fair winds...