Great customer support and service from Navionics

Jun 14, 2010
Robertson & Caine 2017 Leopard 40 CT
Kudos to Navionics - I renewed the chart update service, but found I couldn't load all the areas I wanted due to limited card capacity (2GB). I own other micro SD cards and emailed support to ask how to transfer their data to a larger card, and they wrote back saying they use encryption that prevents copying but asked about my current card size and make/model plotter. Two days later I received the following email: "Your case was forwarded to our Customer Service Supervisor and a replacement card has been approved. We will replace your current card with the Navionics+ US & Canada 16GB"
I was pleasantly surprised because I hadn't requested the upgrade and expected to pay something, but I had the upgrade package by the end of the week. This exceeded my expectations. Nice!

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Great story. The founder of Navionics is a friend of mine. I know under his leadership and Garmins, they’ve worked hard to address the rapidly changing business model around cartography and digital content in general.

SG

Feb 11, 2017
J/Boat J/160 Annapolis
When I've called them, they have always been great. I had "old" cards that couldn't take all of the charts because the chart plotter software was screwed-up. They walked me through how to download only about 1/2 of the normal capacity so that the "older" Northstar chart plotter could work-around the problem.

They were friendly, responsive, etc.

In addition, while I've heard there issues with some their background charts in the Bahama's, for the east coast of the U.S. they are great.

Jan 25, 2011
S2 11.0A Anacortes, WA
I ordered two of the same cards during the Feb sale. Or so I thought. I received one “right” one and one “wrong” one that I did order. I did not read the total order carefully. They are processing an exchange. Kudos