Going to take a break

Nov 30, 2015
Hunter 1978 H30 Cherubini, Treman Marina, Ithaca, NY
A boating friend of mine, visiting for the Holidays and known only to be a stink potter, suggested I teach him how to sail next season. I was very enlightened by his request. So for starters, I suggested he take the “Your First Sail” course from ASA (free and online)...just to see if he could reveal his current understanding of terminology, nomenclature and typical commands.

So with cold beers in hand, providing him my iPad and linking to the website; he began...as I watched over his shoulder. I think it may be around slide 4 of the presentation, this image comes up...

CBF99C00-0548-4BE2-BC74-AC09AA3C79D7.png

...and I consider the fact that @Jackdaw may be a closet fashion model. Geez, taking a break indeed. :pimp:

Jun 29, 2010
Beneteau First 235 Lake Minnetonka, MN
A boating friend of mine, visiting for the Holidays and known only to be a stink potter, suggested I teach him how to sail next season. I was very enlightened by his request. So for starters, I suggested he take the “Your First Sail” course from ASA (free and online)...just to see if he could reveal his current understanding of terminology, nomenclature and typical commands.

So with cold beers in hand, providing him my iPad and linking to the website; he began...as I watched over his shoulder. I think it may be around slide 4 of the presentation, this image comes up...

View attachment 159612

...and I consider the fact that @Jackdaw may be a closet fashion model. Geez, taking a break indeed. :pimp:
LOL I forgot about that! Its from a few years back and don't remember where it was taken or how ASA got a hold of it. I will ask him about it, though, it may take a bit. They are in a warmer climate currently.

Nov 30, 2015
Hunter 1978 H30 Cherubini, Treman Marina, Ithaca, NY
LOL I forgot about that! Its from a few years back and don't remember where it was taken or how ASA got a hold of it. I will ask him about it, though, it may take a bit. They are in a warmer climate currently.
Great...love to hear the back story. I too should be nearer the Equator this new year, but alas...this year is not gonna happen. However, I’ll always have this epic departure from the Baths on Virgin Gorda to remember how steep that beach head was.

3BD7E4B7-55BB-4DA6-A516-345AD9CBFC7C.jpeg

Jun 29, 2010
Beneteau First 235 Lake Minnetonka, MN
Great...love to hear the back story. I too should be nearer the Equator this new year, but alas...this year is not gonna happen. However, I’ll always have this epic departure from the Baths on Virgin Gorda to remember how steep that beach head was.

View attachment 159623
Not sure who's boat he was on but apparently ASA sent him an email asking permission to use the photo. He said yes and had not given it another thought. But, now he is the face of foulie jackets!;-)

Edit: Still in the US but not here in the land of snow, ice, & cold.