Going to buy Capri 22

Feb 9, 2015
USYacht US25 Iron Gate Res.
Would like any suggestions on what to order from Catalina. I will be sailing Flathead Lake in Montana and Lake Shasta in Northern California. Ed.Thanks

May 16, 2012
Catalina Capri 22 IL
Inthedoldrums said:
Would like any suggestions on what to order from Catalina. I will be sailing Flathead Lake in Montana and Lake Shasta in Northern California. Ed.Thanks
Congrats! What are you hoping to do with the boat?

Feb 9, 2015
Day sailing Flathead lake and lakes in the Pacific Northwest. Mostly single or short handed. Not into racing unless I get passed. Wing keel standard rig for sure. Ed.

Jun 4, 2010
Catalina Capri 22 Cincinnati
I was in your position last Oct, I am glad I made the decision to buy a Capri 22. It sound like we have similar sailing styles. Here are my suggestions, Mast Rising System to assist you in rigging the boat, Auto Pilot when you need an extra hand, Asymmetrical Spin Sail, Remote Control Box (motor-control shifting/throttle) to increase your enjoyment when Motor Sailing, and Roller Furling. Keep us posted on your experience.

Feb 9, 2015
Thanks for the advice.
Northern California water issues don't look as bad today as they are going to be. Rain fall was short and most lakes are low but, we have a very low snow pack and the prospects, for much more snow, don't look bright today March 1.
Ed.

shnool

Aug 10, 2012
WD Schock Wavelength 24 Wallenpaupack
Not sure what you mean. What exactly were you expecting from Catalina?

Generally Catalina prefers you deal with an authorized dealer. if you had a specific technical question you can ask Gerry Douglas, he's pretty good about responding to emails. I'll refrain from providing it directly in the forum.

HERSH

Nov 21, 2012
Catalina Capri 22 http://www.chelseayacht.org
Not sure either. I know Catalina moved their manufacturing to Florida many years ago. The "Greenies" chased them out of California. Evidently the greenies felt something in the manufacturing process was bad for the environment.

I think Catalina Direct was the largest Catalina dealer on the West Coast/USA. When Catalina moved their plant to Florida I guess they turned over retail to Catalina Direct.

The local dealer by me quit dealing with Catalina as they could not meet the minimum requirements for sales. (They ran out of dock space) In the mid 80's dock space was at a premium on the Hudson River.

Hershey

Feb 9, 2015
I'am not trying to go direct. The dealer I trying to work with is not having much luck getting responses from Largo. I been told Catalina Direct is now parts only. Kind of frustrating. I am ready to buy. Thanks for the input. Ed.

shnool

Aug 10, 2012
WD Schock Wavelength 24 Wallenpaupack
Ok, I think I get it now..
your Dealer (Catalina approved dealer), doesn't have any Capri22s in stock, and is trying to acquire one for you... Therefore new.

Many of us, including myself, purchased used. New is a whole other ball of wax. Good on you by the way, I was close 3 times to purchasing new, but from stock.

Finding a Capri 22 in stock at a dealer might be a bit tougher... special ordering one yet another level of frustration.

Hang tight I'll see what I can do. In the meantime, where are you located (in the country).

Feb 9, 2015
Shnool,
Thanks for your offer and advice. However, I have not lost hope on the folks at Catalina. Ed.

h

Jan 27, 2018
CATALINA CAPRI 22 0915 KINGSTON,NY.
just bought the Gus-T. 2002 wksr. Has a 5 hp. Honda kicker. #0915 Thank's to all who have posted here to help me make up my mind.
Capri - 15.jpg