Generator in 11.0

May 25, 2015
Hunter 28 Cambridge
Hello all, I do not own an S2 (yet), but am seriously considering an S2 11.0C here in New England and potential cruises in the Keys. I'm moving up from a day sailor and looking for something for extended weekends, usually just my girlfriend and I, but occasionally with another couple. I've read through the forum here and really appreciate the excellent information so many of you posted. From what I read S2's have an excellent reputation for build quality, and my girlfriend likes the idea of a full shower. The model I'm looking at has air conditioning, but no generator. Also, it has a dinghy davit, but no swim platform. The transom is small, I'm wondering if any of you have installed a small swim platform for embarking the dinghy at anchor. Also, is there room to install a generator if desired, or do any of you use a portable generator on deck?

Jan 25, 2011
S2 11.0A Anacortes, WA
I have the aft cockpit version. You can always add a swim step platform if desired. It would just fasten through the transom. The aft cockpit is the same hull as yours (future) and we just usually use the ladder on the transom or slide over the side near the stern. We use a honda 2000 generator on the deck but dont have AC. Its simple but i do carry it to the foredeck....all i usually need to do is charge batts.

May 25, 2015
Hunter 28 Cambridge
Mark, thank you for the response, good to hear from an actual owner. They seem like sturdy boats.

Sep 6, 2011
I have the aft cockpit model and really like it. It's solid. I haven't been on a 11.0c yet but if it's anything like mine there is room for a small generator if desired. Personally I don't have one but don't really have the need right now.

Let us know what you decide!

BobM

Jun 10, 2004
S2 9.2A Winthrop, MA
I like having an integral keel, but if you truly think you will take the boat down the ICW and the islands, you should think about groundings. From what I have read groundings are pretty inevitable traveling the ICW.

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
I have the aft cockpit model and really like it. It's solid. I haven't been on a 11.0c yet but if it's anything like mine there is room for a small generator if desired. Personally I don't have one but don't really have the need right now.

Let us know what you decide!
i already decided on a honda e 2000 for my 9.2a

Last edited:
May 15, 2014
S2 8.0B Virginia
I have an 8.0B, power afloat was an issue, the outboard does not supply sufficient regeneration of the two 12 volt batteries so opted for a Champion 1500 watt generator. Its small and lightweight, the charger within the storage below deck as well I added as a backup a12volt trickle charger which has an automatic feature as to not overcharge . Some of the little creature comforts I added required he consideration of a generator. I have a chartplotter but as well use laptops as a backup navigation system with GPS