Generator head bolt torque

Mar 20, 2017
C@C36 C@C36 great kills harbor staten isla
@ somewhere between 15k and 17k hours you are probably right. This on doesn't have liners though. I'm trying to find a Kubota short block and change it out this summer. We just need it to hang in there until the charter season is over. Otherwise a new gene is possible, but I have yet to find one that is PC board free. That's the beauty of this old unit. A half dozen $15.00 relays are the control circuits.
I've been hearing some pretty bad things about the newer Norther Lights units, which is disappointing. Maybe Maine Sail will offer a suggestion based on his observations of the 8 kw generators he's worked on.
I mist that part with no starting, are glow plugs working .

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
I mist that part with no starting, are glow plugs working .
It's been running just fine last night & today. We loaded it to about 6.5 kw and it cruised right on. As always, after one of it's "incidents" we are watching it like a hawk, but I'm confident our only problems for the next month or two are the freeze plugs springing more leaks. Amazingly, the best solution for the moment is to clean the rusty leak very well and run a bead of that UV curing adhesive over the hole. However, the worst one by far was in the head, so we could reach it when the head was off, and replace it.
I had assumed the water channels were equally corroded, but while replacing the thermostat housing I was able to inspect that area and it looked surprisingly good. That could make a big difference on our decision to rebuild or replace it. Either way, it's going to be a busy hurricane season. Anybody got a sky hook we could borrow to get it outta the engine room and off the boat?

Mar 20, 2017
C@C36 C@C36 great kills harbor staten isla
It's been running just fine last night & today. We loaded it to about 6.5 kw and it cruised right on. As always, after one of it's "incidents" we are watching it like a hawk, but I'm confident our only problems for the next month or two are the freeze plugs springing more leaks. Amazingly, the best solution for the moment is to clean the rusty leak very well and run a bead of that UV curing adhesive over the hole. However, the worst one by far was in the head, so we could reach it when the head was off, and replace it.
I had assumed the water channels were equally corroded, but while replacing the thermostat housing I was able to inspect that area and it looked surprisingly good. That could make a big difference on our decision to rebuild or replace it. Either way, it's going to be a busy hurricane season. Anybody got a sky hook we could borrow to get it outta the engine room and off the boat?
Did you measured bores, when head was off?