Galley water supply?

May 23, 2016
Catalina 22 #12502 BSC
So the admiral wants a minimalist galley in our '84 C22...
I like this one, an eze build, fits nicely at the cushion break forward starboard side and has room for Gene's recommended Iwatani butane unit beside the sink.

upload_2017-4-23_11-37-47.png

I assume I can run a sink drain hose aft and T into the forward scupper drain hose (as long as everything is running downhill). For fresh water supply what do you guys use? Need something 3-5 gal or so that will fit under the starboard storage area aft of the galley under the cushion to the right...(or a better location?)

Thoughts, other/better ideas/recommendations?

Thx in advance,
Ron

Last edited:

dzl

Jun 23, 2016
Catalina 22 Trailer
My plan is to put a 10 gallon tank with a diaphragm pump in the v berth locker. I never use that space for anything else and my transducer is already in there.... plus this puts the 70-80 pounds about as far forward as you can get it. RV fresh water tanks can be had reasonably on eBay as well as the pumps...

dzl

Jun 23, 2016
Catalina 22 Trailer
I don't have a galley but the reason I want the fresh water is for a wash down hose in the cockpit for those overnights and saltwater trips when you need a quick shower... that's why I'm after 10 gallons and an electric pump.

Sep 14, 2014
Catalina 22 Pensacola, Florida
There is already a drain plumbed under the cushion to the right of your galley unless someone glassed it in.

May 23, 2016
Catalina 22 #12502 BSC
There is already a drain plumbed under the cushion to the right of your galley unless someone glassed it in.
Jack...on an '84 (first generation)? that would be helpful if there!

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
First gen's had the sliding sink/galley combo available on the starboard side, so the drain could be there below the cushions.

"New Style" boats, have a sink on the port side, with a hand pump, that pumps water from a container under the v-berth. The sink on those boats drains into the keel trunk.

Sep 14, 2014
Catalina 22 Pensacola, Florida
Jack...on an '84 (first generation)? that would be helpful if there!
Yep it is just below the sink as seen in the photo with the sliding galley pulled out and working for a meal prep. Just reminder to close the valve at the scupper drain under the winch after use to avoid taking on water when heeled. see pix of valve arrangement.

Attachments