Fusion Audio systems?

Aug 17, 2010
Hunter 410 Dover NH
I'm on a charter boat with a Fusion 750 Audio system. I really like the radio. The speakers do not sound good. Anyone install one in a H410 or similar size? curious about Bluetooth range. On this boat it's not good, only 12-15 ft. Not sure if it's the install or the radio. I like the multizone, chartplotter control and app. It's a nice system other than the bluetooth issue.

Jun 26, 2009
Hunter 420 Olympia WA
The last charter we took had a Fusion stereo. It seemed to be very difficult to pair initially, but once sorted out it worked OK. The range was OK, I think it was more line of sight. The stereo was on the front bulkhead in the salon and would work from the cockpit table (58' cat, about 20')
--Jim

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
I have a 650 with Bluetooth and remote. I use Bluetooth for input. Works well on my 36. The head unit is by the nav station the remote is back at the helm. I could have controlled it with the e7D but wanted a dedicated page. I've never tested the Bluetooth range

Aug 17, 2010
Hunter 410 Dover NH
I have a 650 with Bluetooth and remote. I use Bluetooth for input. Works well on my 36. The head unit is by the nav station the remote is back at the helm. I could have controlled it with the e7D but wanted a dedicated page. I've never tested the Bluetooth range
Hi Leslie thanks for the reply! When you say you use the Bluetooth for input do you use your phone or different device? How far away from the fusion is that device normally? Did you install the fusion speakers?

May 20, 2016
The bt transmitter is behind my nav station. I usually keep my iPhone there but can be at the helm with it. Maybe 15 feet away.

May 20, 2016
Forgot to say I don't have fusion speakers. I'm using the speakers that came with the boat. 4 JBL bookshelf in the cabin (one set on a Jenson amp). (Zone 1) The cockpit has 5 1/4 round west marine branded (zone 2)

The fusion remote is on my seatalk NG network and can display boat parameters.
Les

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
The KEY to this is where the installer mounted the BT module, which is connected to the head unit via a 1 meter cable. If its mounted well the range is the entire boat. If its tucked under some other gear at the bottom of the Nav compartment, the range will suffer.

Aug 17, 2010
Hunter 410 Dover NH
member: 10
The KEY to this is where the installer mounted the BT module, which is connected to the head unit via a 1 meter cable. If its mounted well the range is the entire boat. If its tucked under some other gear at the bottom of the Nav compartment, the range will suffer.
Thanks Jack but this is a 750 which as I understand it has the bt integrated not a separate piece.

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
member: 10

Thanks Jack but this is a 750 which as I understand it has the bt integrated not a separate piece.
Yep you're right. Last time I spoke with a Fusion rep, he noted that they were working on making space on the face of the head units for the BT antenna. Looks like they got'er done.

Jun 9, 2004
Catalina 385 Marquette. Mi
I have a 750 mounted at the nav station in my C-385. Never a problem with bluetooth. It is also
Hard wired to the Ray C125 at the helm. Works good, and has hdmi output. Also have the optional dock below the deck which houses a proprietary iPod.