Full Moon Wind Tide

Nov 22, 2008
Endeavour 32 Portland, Maine
Full moon wind tide here in Portsmouth. The docks went under at half of the astronomical tide.

We're glad to be here snug and warm with the cabin heater going and the thermometer in the cockpit showing 33 degrees.

Yesterday, we took the ferry over to Norfolk with Mike and walked up to the NOAA docks to see one of my research vessels, the R/V Fay Slover

Two more days of rain to go.

Nov 22, 2008
Water is now 1/2 inch deeper than these boots. First time I've had to use a dinghy to get ashore while tied to a dock.

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
i sure do like that dinghy.....don't slip and fall crossing on the dinghy you will surely bust your bohonkus....

regards

woody

Oct 26, 2008
Catalina 320 Barnegat, NJ
Watch out!

Roger, if you don't take that nice lady to a nice tropical location ... somebody else will surely think there's an opportunity. New foulies, rubber boots, snow, wading in ice cold water ... sheesh! You're pressing your luck, don't ya think?

Nov 22, 2008
Dreameagle here:

I'm still having fun. and he's still the one.

The sun will come out tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar, there will be sun.

Oct 26, 2008
Catalina 320 Barnegat, NJ
Dreameagle, as you can probably tell ...

all of us think Roger is a pretty good guy. So with that in mind, as long as you're happy, we're happy! :D

Awesome painting of a Snowy Owl!

Have fun on your travels south. I'm guessing you will be amazed by what you find and now that Roger has the goods on the best anchorages from his previous trips, all the better for it!

My wife, Sue, is now looking forward to a trip with some girlfriends down to an area near Southport, NC in late May. I'm happy for her, but also a little jealous!

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Welcome, Dreameagle!
Good to see you guys out and about!. I think the winter will let up soon.. If yall make it south, give us a shout..
Great to be starting out on a new adventure !

Jimm

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 33.5 Bodkin Creek - Bodkin YC
Raining here in Savannah too, but not near as cold! Heading your way - see you when our paths cross.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
Raining here in Savannah too, but not near as cold! Heading your way - see you when our paths cross.
Jimm, did you see the thread about a guy wanting a measurement off a C30? Ask all sailors, March 15th.