Frozen injector on Yanmar engine 3JH5E

Jun 12, 2013
Hunter 40 back creek
Does anyone have a tool to remove this fuel injector it ie frozen. 3JH5E engine or know where I can purchase one

I wa told that the tool screws on to the top pipe threads and you use a slide hammer carefully to free it up!

Mar 29, 2017
Hunter 30t 9805 littlecreek
That's about all you can do spray with wd-40. And pry out. Use what's left to make a compression testing tool. You will understand after it's out.

pateco

Aug 12, 2014
Hunter 31 (1983) Pompano Beach FL
A leaking injector can build up a lot of carbon deposits that make it difficult to remove. A trick I learned with my Mercedes Sprinter diesel, was to soak the carbon deposits in carb cleaner to break up the carbon, unti it is cleaner. Once that is done, soak the stuck injector with penetrating oil (PB Blaster, Kroil, etc), loosen/remove the injector retention screw(s) and then attempt to start the engine. The compression of the piston helps to force the injector out without damaging it. Do this one injector at a time, and leave the fuel lines attached until the injector is loose to prevent fuel leakage. Clean/replace one injector, reattach the fuel lines, and move onto the next one.

Here is video of my leaking Mercedes injector

Here is video after loosening the hold down bolts and restarting

The injector came loose, and was easily removable. It still had lots of carbon to be cleaned off before I reinstalled with a new copper seal washer.
Injector Carbon.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
The compression of the piston helps to force the injector out without damaging it.
Here is video after loosening the hold down bolts and restarting
The injector came loose…
Man, I was expecting to see the injector fly out like a projectile :yikes:

Good hack though…I guess that is why you leave the fuel line attached:cool:

Greg