Freshwater Hose Size

May 15, 2014
Catalina 309 #46 Amber Waves Clearwater, FL
Anyone know what the diameter is on the freshwater hoses in the 309? I have the part number from SeaTech, but that doesn't seem to help on their website.

Mar 20, 2007
Catalina 355 Kilmarnock, VA
Phil is correct - all recent (past 10+ years) Catalinas are 15 mm.

May 15, 2014
jsalley, I was reading your about installing a Marine Elegance head on your 309 which I am now installing on my 309. What size tee did you use on the freshwater line and where'd you get it?

Mar 20, 2007
Hmmm - that was a couple of years ago, and I've since sold the boat, but I found a picture of it. It would be a 1/2" nylon T, which will work with the factory water hose if you slightly heat the ends before pushing them on the fitting. The picture shows a strainer; I later removed that and plumbed the head intake directly to the T because the strainers are not rated for pressure, and I had two of them fracture and flood the cabin with fresh water! You don't really need a separate strainer anyway, since there is one on the fresh water pump intake. image-3134812781.jpg

P.S. Probably came from WM - one of their more reasonably priced items. The hose connecting the head intake to the fitting is 1/2" ID reinforced fresh water hose, available anywhere.

May 15, 2014
Great...Thanks! I just ordered the SeaTech 15mm Tee. Did you put a check valve on the feed to the toilet, or is backflow not a concern?

Mar 20, 2007
Not a concern. The toilet has a solenoid valve, and is designed for direct connection to a fresh water line.